oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, cornishboroboy said:

That Blackpool lad looks like a decent no risk signing. I would also like us to look at Ryan Hardie from Blackpool too. Think he would be a great 60-70 minute sub option. Thought he was excellent at Argyle last season.

He's rejoined Plymouth again the other week on another season-long loan.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Was an obvious target for us very similar to Moore, 6 foot 4 has a decent shift of pace for his size and can't deny his form, on a free I will absolutely take him.

Just checked who his agency is, turns out it's Warnock's most used agency USM that adds alot of credence to this link for me since we know how Warnock operates.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/unique-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/4142

It's the agency his son works for I believe.  Yay!

42 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Love hearing Warnock talking about transfers, someone who knows what he’s doing and has the confidence and experience to say what he wants! The bit above about the scouts showing him two CBs with the best stats and him saying no when he looked at them play - can’t imagine Woodgate or others daring to do that! 

He also sanctioned a £6m deal for Gary Madine.  I wonder if that was one that Cardiff scouts had recommended to him or not.  I can't think of much worse than a manager getting agents to find players and I really don't see how that improves anything at our club in the short or long term.

wonder if there is anything in this......

ttps://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-set-sights-on-signing-french-striker-with-32-goals-in-2-seasons/?fbclid=IwAR2EqfTZ_GW-A-C2HU4iKwQGFYWX-yuJvYpnMg_dnWJd3hEkp-qcyAVvQvw

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He also sanctioned a £6m deal for Gary Madine.  I wonder if that was one that Cardiff scouts had recommended to him or not.  I can't think of much worse than a manager getting agents to find players and I really don't see how that improves anything at our club in the short or long term.

Yeah sounds like a deal that benefits the manager/agency more than the club. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fair enough. Is that what he’s saying our new policy is though? No scouts, just agents recommending players? 

13 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

He's rejoined Plymouth again the other week on another season-long loan.

Well... Poop.

On an unrelated note. Boro's pre-season training camp is Lux Park in Liskeard, which is 10 minutes from me.

Part of the reason I'm pleased it's Warnock in charge is because of the traditional Warnock pre-season tour of Cornwall!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's the agency his son works for I believe.  Yay!

That's a worry seems a little murky at best.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/do-not-question-my-agent-son-s-role-says-neil-warnock-v8wp63kgl

Warnock did say in his written media conference he's given agents our head scout Sam Jackson's phone number so they can give him their clients info and he'll follow up with Sam if there's any that fit what we want.

That Guardian story on Sala, Warnock, private jets and Willie Mckay stank of corruption I have to say.

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Fair enough. Is that what he’s saying our new policy is though? No scouts, just agents recommending players? 

Not entirely. He does reach out to agents he knows and has them recommend players, but the scouting team are also out there looking at different markets too, so it's a mix of both.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

That would be pretty worrying if it is how we're selecting our signings. Agents are hardly going to say "here have this fella, he's rubbish". It's their job to sell their clients not pick players who would fit into our team! 

18 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

And if you think he's had absolutely nothing but abuse from the club, then you're really not that clever. 💵💵💵

I never said from the club, what, you think I was saying Steve Gibson was banging on his door calling him a donkey? Jesus wept. 😂

21 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

He doesn't owe us anything, contractually. But I do think that morally he did.

OK, so we can both agree he didn't owe us anything contractually. That's a given. Just as we have contractually no reason to owe him anything at the end of this contract, it's done, it's over and that's that.

So what do we expect from him when we ask him to stay? An agreement based on morality? Why? Can you give an example of where we've gone above and beyond morally to make his time at Middlesbrough better? If not, why should he make a decision based on morality?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)