oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

42 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Oliver burke again, a transfer window will never go by without us being linked. 

Hes 23 now and has still failed to make any kind of an impact at any club since forest - and that was a very short one  over the course of  a few games. Hes basically a luke Williams or Harry Chapman at this point. Would take a punt on him if we could get him for free or loan on very low wages but I really hope we wouldn't invest any significant money into him 

Come on mate, Oliver Burke is a full international and has spent seasons playing in the top flight in Germany, Spain and Scotland. Granted his progress has stalled since he burst onto the scene but Luke Williams couldn't get a game for Hartlepool and Chapman can barely move without a hamstring going. 

He is still a big unit with pace to burn and would be an immediate upgrade on anything we have. Still young also. I'd be delighted if we brought him in. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Come on mate, Oliver Burke is a full international and has spent seasons playing in the top flight in Germany, Spain and Scotland. Granted his progress has stalled since he burst onto the scene but Luke Williams couldn't get a game for Hartlepool and Chapman can barely move without a hamstring going. 

He is still a big unit with pace to burn and would be an immediate upgrade on anything we have. Still young also. I'd be delighted if we brought him in. 

The Williams/Chapman comment was more to do with the trajectory of his career in terms of lots of early promise but instead of developing over the years he has regressed. 

You can't really use the Germany/spl/la liga arguments, because he failed pretty miserably in all three as well as not being considered good enough for the championship by West brom. He might be an upgrade but that's purely because we have literally nothing. 

so like I said, a risk free loan id be comfortable with, so long as we make another signing in the wide areas so we're not once again entering the season with no proven talent on the wings. 

[John Percy] West Brom will listen to offers for Kieran Gibbs, Oliver Burke and Kenneth Zohore. Bilic is keen to trim his bloated squad following promotion and will move to offload a number of fringe players, with Sam Field and Jonathan Leko also to be made available. 

I'd take any of Burke, Zohore and Leko tbh 

Not sure in what scenario we would end up with Joe Hart as our keeper. Surely he would want more than we are willing to offer. 

Would also be disappointed if Friend was anything more than 3rd choice LB. Saying we have 4 LB is true on paper but if we had 0, how many of those 5 would you be happy to sign as your first choice? 

Did Browne play centrally behind  a striker at Oxford? Be interesting if Warnock could get a tune out of him

Burke could be an interesting one if we get him. Read an article on The Athletic about him not long ago. Basically has raw talent but can’t put it all together. Few bits from the article:

”Coaches speak of Burke as being blessed with rare pace, power and quick feet, but too often he lacks the tactical discipline to harness his God-given talents…

Academy head Gary Brazil and his staff worked hard to nurture the raw talents of a young man with explosive power, but little idea of how to make the most of it. There was a feeling Burke himself never quite knew what he was going to do next out on the pitch, which was sometimes a positive and sometimes not.

Dougie Freedman, Forest’s manager at the time, would be reluctant to play Burke in midweek games, for example, as there was not enough time to prepare him or drill into him what was required. For weekend matches, the preparation would begin right at the start of the week. The information would be fed to Burke over several days so that he was fully aware of what was required.”

Little clip of his pace here 

So yeah. Could be worth a punt, he’s got obvious ability. Pace which we certainly don’t have. But whether Warnock could get that consistency where so many have tried, who knows. Apologies for the long post, can’t sleep 😂

• Like 1

Just do what we did with Traore, we put shotton behind him who didn’t pass the halfway line and gave adama more freedom rather than have to do much full back covering.

5 hours ago, Tarmo said:

Dougie Freedman, Forest’s manager at the time, would be reluctant to play Burke in midweek games, for example, as there was not enough time to prepare him or drill into him what was required.

I don't know if I'm being a bit naive here but how much drilling do you need to give a winger? 

I know you need to have some tactical awareness but unless you want him back defending and covering the full back all game then I'm not sure how much drilling needs to be done. 

Like Traore you probably need to play to his strengths, if he is blessed with pace then let him work up and down the line rather than overcomplicate things. If you are doing that then I think its a position where you need less tactical awareness than others. 

Its football you're not teaching him quantum physics.

• Like 1

Burke fits the mould of a Warnock signing. A player who once had tons of furore surrounding him, but has stalled a bit in his career, offered an opportunity to find some consistency and constancy.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tarmo said:

”Coaches speak of Traore as being blessed with rare pace, power and quick feet, but too often he lacks the tactical discipline to harness his God-given talents…

Academy head Pulis and his staff worked hard to nurture the raw talents of a young man with explosive power, but little idea of how to make the most of it. There was a feeling Traore himself never quite knew what he was going to do next out on the pitch, which was sometimes a positive and sometimes not.

Change a couple of names in the above quote, and this story sounds very familiar. And it didn't work out so badly for us last time.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)