oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

You need to know what are the important stats and which aren't.

The data is there for every club it's how you analyse the data that matters. 

Yeah I agree. Was just a shame to see so many Boro fans slating that kind of approach when it can be successful if implemented correctly. We all know just how much of an issue recruitment has been over the last few years. 

55 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The closest right now is apparently Charlie Goode he's considering contract offers from us (Northern Echo) and presumably QPR (FootballInsider). Given what Warnock said about pushing for a decision from people we'll probably know one way or the other today or tomorrow on him, the story saying he was set for QPR was a good 3 days ago either their source had really good insight on Goode wanting a London return or they were over confident of beating Warnock despite Jepson/Curle's links to Northampton and that 'exclusive' will age poorly.

I reckon Goode is one of those defenders that Warnock was talking about in his press conference. Statistically the best defender in the EFL last year. Seems to fit the bill for what he described but rumours were that we had made a bid so maybe he did see something in him. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, BoroJake said:

Surely if charlie Goode comes in that means an end to Gibson coming in? Unless fry is off.

Or that we'll be playing a Wing Back system next season? Could explain why we've not been linked with wingers...

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Surely if charlie Goode comes in that means an end to Gibson coming in? Unless fry is off.

Can I be honest I will be glad when this whole Gibson saga goes away.

Far too much emphasis on a very costly pipe dream.

If he was coming I think we would all know by now

• Like 4

I'm wondering if our number one Prem loan target is Roberts, I can see why we'd be so keen to get him back given he's a known quantity to us and our manager and that he offers us something we don't have anywhere else in the squad. I can also understand why City might be less keen to offload him to a Championship club on loan again if they ever want him to make the City first-team. I suspect they either want a Prem loan again or they'll want to sell.

Or it could be Gibson.

I'd love Sisto here, has Traore vibes in terms of being a bit raw but massive upside if we can get it out of him. £2.5m seems like a steal for a player of his potential.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, CWC said:

Literally anyone that is Danish is a bargain in your eyes. 

What can I say we’re cheap as chips🙃 in reality it’s only because I’m mentioning those who actually present value for money and who I think can make it in the championship. Sisto has got some Great attributes and as an example he has done a hell of a lot more than both Burke and Roberts who will likely cost a lot more just because they are domestic players. The Sisto deal also shows that there are some real good deals on the continent. Being realistic though I doubt he’d even look at our offer. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Sisto’s status as a footy manager legend won’t help his chances of coming here after Warnock gave the stats guys a public dressing down 😂

half of Boro twitter and Facebook were slating that sort of approach when really it can work well. Look at Brentford. Think you need to find some sort of middle ground though, especially with someone like Warnock. The video boro put up yesterday was a good insight I thought. 

Even at Brentford, they balance it between the data and the "eye test". Thomas Frank said in a Sky Sports piece that he looks at footage first then the stats to decide on a player. There's major positives and negatives to both so really hope we can strike a balance of both going forward.

https://youtu.be/vPTAKhca0Uc

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Is Jonas Wind worth considering?

Way too expensive for us and I doubt he’d even take our phone call. He’s been out most of the season injured and has just returned last month but in style. Reckon Copenhagen is going to ask at least 10 million for him. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)