oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

Could be the Northampton CB too; who also might be going to QPR instead.

They must be raging we got their captain, so just gonna double all our offers for everyone were in for 

• Haha 1

Completely baseless wish here but if we're looking for a 3rd choice striker I'd love us to look at Tomáš Necid.

Experienced striker who has scored goals across Europe, scored 6 goals for Pardew's dreadful ADO Den Haag last season. He's 6 ft 3 and strong as hell so a bit different to what we have, he's currently a free agent and I can't imagine his wage demands will be massive. I follow Czech football and Czech players and I think he could be good for us, was touted as a big prospect early on his career but suffered two cruciate injuries.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You’re giving away your age now @AnglianRed 😂😂😂

Not necessarily - though I'm happy to admit I was an 80s kid (some great music from that decade). But I also like Pink Floyd and other stuff from the 70s.

Musical taste isn't always an indicator of age. I see lots of comments from kids on Youtube, saying they much prefer music from the 80s and 90s.

(although they could just be old people lying about their age)

• Haha 1

I haven't seen much of Adam Armstrong but his stats look very good - scored 16 and assisted 6 in 40(6) games last season - 14 as a forward, 9 on the right wing, 7 on the left and a couple in the number 10 role. Great numbers for someone shifted around so much. Surely would command a decent fee though?

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I haven't seen much of Adam Armstrong but his stats look very good - scored 16 and assisted 6 in 40(6) games last season - 14 as a forward, 9 on the right wing, 7 on the left and a couple in the number 10 role. Great numbers for someone shifted around so much. Surely would command a decent fee though?

Hes quality. You are right though, unless Blackburn are desperate he will cost a fortune.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He sounds ideal for 433

Not entirely sure if Adam Armstrong would be offering us something we don't already have. If we got Britt off the books, maybe. Maybe he'd be better than Britt but I don't think they're different enough to have both and he'd likely demand decent wages too.

• Like 1

Interesting that we seem to be in for a defensive midfielder in Amos one who probably will cost us near 7 figures out of the budget, we do need a genuine holding midfielder because right now we don't have a natural one at all. 

Funnily enough I was sat next to Adam Armstrong getting my hair cut yesterday. He mentioned how much he was loving it at Blackburn and that’s he’s happy Mogga is now playing him central so I don’t think there’ll be anything in that. 

For anyone interested he also mentioned that he thought Danny Graham would probably go back to Sunderland.

Just now, CWC said:

Funnily enough I was sat next to Adam Armstrong getting my hair cut yesterday. He mentioned how much he was loving it at Blackburn and that’s he’s happy Mogga is now playing him central so I don’t think there’ll be anything in that. 

For anyone interested he also mentioned that he thought Danny Graham would probably go back to Sunderland.

I didn’t realise Danny Graham was such a legend to Blackburn fans, happy for the man

5 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

I saw Newcastle were linked with Armstrong for 16 million. Not sure where this has come from?

They sold him for £1.75m so I doubt it's this one 😄 Maybe you're talking about Stuart Armstrong, the former Celtic player who's now at Southampton?

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not entirely sure if Adam Armstrong would be offering us something we don't already have. If we got Britt off the books, maybe. Maybe he'd be better than Britt but I don't think they're different enough to have both and he'd likely demand decent wages too.

He can play anywhere across the front 3 I guess... But I doubt he’d come here to  primarily play as a winger and I agree he’s not that different to what we already have - is definitely quicker though! 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)