oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Listened to the High Performance Podcast with Sean Dyche on Youtube where he talks about his philosophy and demands of players at Burnley. Its hard to believe there is an issue between him and Gibson considering the latter was thought of as a leader when he was here and it’s what Dyche looks for when signing players (Mentality, background, attitude, mannerisms etc)

Watched that too, thought he came across really well.

I've heard that there was a training ground incident with Ben and then it was decided he was to be removed from the group.

• Like 1

Well now we know why the winger rumours have been so quiet, he has 1 year left but Cardiff will be an absolute nightmare to deal with here the whole league rival premium on top I don't see this done easily at all or cheaply.

• Like 1

If Hoilett signed a new contract when Cardiff got promoted to the PL, he will probably be on far higher wages than we can afford. Plus i would imagine Cardiff will want quite a high fee for him even if he has only got one year of his contract still to run.

I don't think there is much in the story anyway, it is just the Gazette filling pages. The headline says we have identified him as a potential summer signing, all that means is we have written his name down on a list of possible targets.

Edited by Z3man
6 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Surprised this link has too so long to be fair

I love how they refer to warnocks new 1 year contract as 'a long term contract' 

4 minutes ago, Z3man said:

If Hoilett signed a new contract when Cardiff got promoted to the PL, he will probably be on far higher wages than we can afford. Plus i would imagine Cardiff will want quite a high fee for him even if he has only got one year of his contract still to run.

Because of his fee (2-4 million would be my ballpark) we'd have to be offering a 3 year deal to him which would take him to his 32nd birthday so not terribly old certainly not in Downing territory.

Listen in the market where League 1 wingers are priced at 2 million getting Junior Hoilett for that kind of price would be good business the problem I see here is Cardiff will be desperate to keep their main creative player outside of silly money. Another one in the can't hurt to try but chances of it happening seem slim to me we paid 6 million for Howson who was entering his final year in this league teams would rather let them walk on a free than sell to a division rival remotely cheaply.

Could be a decent signing, but I think its lazy journalism. Correct me of wrong, but didn't he fall out of favour under warnock at the start of last season? Making most of his appearances from the bench. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)