oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He might want that, but I'd be shocked if the club offered that.

But we've made so many daft deals over the years, so who knows.

Seems unlike that we'd supposedly be in favour of a 18m salary cap and be offering a single player over 10% of it. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We wouldn't offer that, absolutely nowhere close. If anyone offers bloody Keiffer Moore even half of that they've gone mad.

I'd have good money that half of it is at least what we'll end up paying him.  If you think he's coming for something like £10k per week then I think you will be mistaken.  I bet Hall is upwards of £15k a week and Hoilett would be about £20k minimum I reckon, who we are seemingly interested in signing.  Still, signing older players on expensive long contracts isn't an issue for us, especially with our even older manager on a one year contract.  It all sounds like it's been very well thought out 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He's not even Wigans highest earner that distinction belongs to Windass on a rumoured 13k a week Moore's varies between 10-12k from what I've seen over the past month.

Between him and Hoilett I don't think you'd be being hyperbolic to say 40k a week between them flipside of that wage cost is you'd be getting each for probably minimum half of their worth because of a relegation clause and Hoilett's contract situation.

We all expect departures anyway these 2 players wages add up to 1 Ben Gibson who alot of people want back so I don't think the club seem worried with this outlay so why should I if that makes sense?

Interesting to know what Warnock's pitch is to Moore because unless he's selling him and Britt on pairing up or selling them the same spot in a 433 I'm not sure we offer a guarantee of starting every game. Cardiff have the same issue to be fair they have a 6 million pound striker on their books who is 6 foot 4, was their top scorer and they're trying to pitch Moore what spot exactly? Other than Cardiff's in Wales, you play for Wales... something something... European Championships next year?

10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

He's not even Wigans highest earner that distinction belongs to Windass on a rumoured 13k a week Moore's varies between 10-12k from what I've seen over the past month.

Between him and Hoilett I don't think you'd be being hyperbolic to say 40k a week between them flipside of that wage cost is you'd be getting each for probably minimum half of their worth because of a relegation clause and Hoilett's contract situation.

We all expect departures anyway these 2 players wages add up to 1 Ben Gibson who alot of people want back so I don't think the club seem worried with this outlay so why should I if that makes sense?

Interesting to know what Warnock's pitch is to Moore because unless he's selling him and Britt on pairing up or selling them the same spot in a 433 I'm not sure we offer a guarantee of starting every game. Cardiff have the same issue to be fair they have a 6 million pound striker on their books who is 6 foot 4, was their top scorer and they're trying to pitch Moore what spot exactly? Other than Cardiff's in Wales, you play for Wales... something something... European Championships next year?

You're getting a big pay rise?

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You're getting a big pay rise?

Right I mean I don't think he's turned down QPR and Millwall because they weren't the right project they probably tapped out of a wage war question is how high have us and Cardiff went. Given Moore's name leaking the day Gibson and him sat down I'd hazard a guess to say Gibson has promised he'd go all out for Moore in the financial side.

You could rationalise it by saying the extra wages over the contract would be offset by the low fee we'd be paying it's not like a Gestede where there's a 6 million outlay and an extra 6 million over his contract this case there'd be a 2 million outlay and if it's 20k an extra 3 million over his contract and at 28 he could retain value 2 years down the line if it hasn't worked out.

Unlike Saville for example or even Gibson I think you could rationalise fairly easily on Hoilett and Moore making sense financially.

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Right I mean I don't think he's turned down QPR and Millwall because they weren't the right project they probably tapped out of a wage war question is how high have us and Cardiff went. Given Moore's name leaking the day Gibson and him sat down I'd hazard a guess to say Gibson has promised he'd go all out for Moore in the financial side.

You could rationalise it by saying the extra wages over the contract would be offset by the low fee we'd be paying it's not like a Gestede where there's a 6 million outlay and an extra 5 million over his contract this case there'd be a 2 million outlay and if it's 20k an extra 3 million over his contract and at 28 he could retain value 2 years down the line if it hasn't worked out.

Unlike Saville for example or even Gibson I think you could rationalise fairly easily on Hoilett and Moore making sense financially.

If it's at all possible, I'd prefer not to use Gestede as the benchmark for what is and isn't a bad signing 🙂

I also wouldn't compare the potential signing of Gibson with others as that's clearly got a lot more about it than just football and finances.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If it's at all possible, I'd prefer not to use Gestede as the benchmark for what is and isn't a bad signing 🙂

I also wouldn't compare the potential signing of Gibson with others as that's clearly got a lot more about it than just football and finances.

Oh I could go with Downing as an example 8 million in wages and 7 million in fee, or Britt and Fletcher 22 million in fees and at least 10 million in wages probably north of 12 because I'm lowballing Fletchers wage that's what's walking out the door by the time next summer comes around.

I'm just saying Hall/Hoilett/Moore for their fees, or lack of, and wage investments are easily rationalised in comparison we are working off a lower scale with lower risk and in this market I think they seem like good value.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wonder if there is anything in Adam Reach being at rockcliffe over the weekend? Would love us to re-sign him.

Had a poor season from what I'd read.

I imagine the visit might have something to do with being a north east lad, if there's nothing to it.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

Oh I could go with Downing as an example 8 million in wages and 7 million in fee, or Britt and Fletcher 22 million in fees and at least 10 million in wages probably north of 12 because I'm lowballing Fletchers wage that's what's walking out the door by the time next summer comes around.

I'm just saying Hall/Hoilett/Moore for their fees, or lack of, and wage investments are easily rationalised in comparison.

Downing was a vanity project for Gibson.  The others we signed at a point that we had about £50m extra income from TV revenue and while we were flogging some of the players we'd just signed as well.  If you want a good comparison then try Scott McDonald 🙂

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)