oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Downing was a vanity project for Gibson.  The others we signed at a point that we had about £50m extra income from TV revenue and while we were flogging some of the players we'd just signed as well.  If you want a good comparison then try Scott McDonald 🙂

Scott McDonald 3.5 million in a fee and then over 4.5 million in wages because Gibson backed Strachan to the hilt and gave him a 30k a week contract!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-set-give-scott-5165585

We have made horrendous signings made awful financial decisions that have castrated us for years on end but barring injury I don't see the risk or financial peril that Hoilett/Moore/Hall will bring us I see 2 28 year olds who could be the lynchpins of the team for the next 3 seasons and we could be getting a creative standout who recently got promoted with 20 G/A in a league season in this market that kind of player would cost us an absolute fortune.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Saw we got Hoilett, Moore and Roberts and kept Fletch and Britt

Who would you most like to see start

I’d prefer fletcher up top personally

• Like 3
On 7/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, Hendrie_7 said:

I hope we wouldn't want him but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we did, same with Jordan Jones or Hogg at Huddersfield if they go down.  You know we love a local lad and the fact Reach has played for us before just makes him more desirable.

Should've put money on this...

if we are going down that route, can I mention that the word is that Lee Cattermole has been seen wandering around...out of contract...lets get the old band back together.........or maybe not, although we probably could field an ex-boro XI that would still be competitive

• Haha 1

To be fair, all of the players who we have been linked with so far make sense. I don’t think we’ll see many mercenaries come to Boro for a pay day, which I’m pleased about. 

Touch wood; all the signs seem positive so far in terms of who we’ve been linked with 

2 hours ago, scotty189 said:

What was the nixon story then? 

Unless someone has picked up the paper this morning, he'll probably be blabbing on twitter about it fairly soon.

15 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Unless someone has picked up the paper this morning, he'll probably be blabbing on twitter about it fairly soon.

My guess would be that we're interested in signing Hoilett

Surely it would make more sense for Burnley to accept that its a bad job and sell him for whatever they can get in order to further minimise their losses while people still remember Ben as a Footballer and not some stateless footballing refugee confined in a Durham Hotel? 

• Haha 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)