oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

32 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wow, what a revelation.

Makes total sense to me, no way should we spend every last bit of money we have for transfers on one individual.

Will be glad to see the back of this and have a feeling there is a real chance he will not be playing for us.

Has his form dropped so much tht he now could be a risk player?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Makes total sense to me, no way should we spend every last bit of money we have for transfers on one individual.

Will be glad to see the back of this and have a feeling there is a real chance he will not be playing for us.

Has his form dropped so much tht he now could be a risk player?

I was being sarcastic.

Everybody knows we want Ben Gibson back, it's a non-story from him.

• Like 1

It might make sense for Burnley to sell to Norwich, but if Ben only wants to come home he doesn't have to go there.

A loan with a buy clause if we get promoted could be their best deal.

"Warnock will be making the same assurances regarding Boro, with Moore seen as an upgrade on Britt Assombalonga, who will leave Teesside this summer if an acceptable bid is received. Having broken their transfer record to sign Assombalonga for £15m in the wake of relegation from the Premier League, the Boro hierarchy accept they will have to incur a significant loss in order to move the striker on."

"Moore is Warnock’s preferred replacement, and the 71-year-old has held lengthy talks with the forward and his representatives. Whether his powers of persuasion have worked remains to be seen, but sources claim the Boro boss remains hopeful despite being aware of Cardiff’s competing interest."

Ah now it makes sense, Moore's eyed as our main striker replacing Britt, there must be some confidence someone will move for Britt at a cut price to be using that as our pitch. 4-5 million seems about right for what we could get for Britt in his/our situation guess that's one to watch now especially if we bring Moore in the door next week. Also says Amos is seen as QPR bound but Warnock's not given up yet on him and he does want a new Gk but no names given

Edited by Jamie-H

Would much rather keep Assombalonga through to the end of his contract. He may not be a Warnock-style striker, but he's guaranteed goals. Him and Fletch did alright together in spells last season. IF we brought in Moore he'd still need competition (Fletch might be seen as one of the "off-the-striker" options slightly wider). And, not that I think we're a likely promotion candidate, but Assombalonga could be the difference between a squad that competes during corona and a squad that doesn't - we probably need 2 for every position more than ever.

Can also see him staying. He'll be able to continue to demand decent wages with no fee attached next summer and may see this season as a chance to prove that worth.

My worry in this situation isn't that there seems to be a confidence we can/will sell Britt it's what happens if the 6 foot 5 Moore rocks at Cardiff? Next on the list of big men to replace Britt for our budget is... Zohore? Chris Martin? 

I have no issue moving Britt on for Moore in a 433 with runners around him he probably is an upgrade over Britt in terms of what he can do for people around him and he can leap above almost every CB in the league. It's what the names are below Moore now we know it's essentially Britts replacement that scares me, Gnanduillet as a 3rd striker absolutely no issue from me but if we end up getting him in as a starting no.9 because he's all that's left that fits the 6 foot 3+ parameters I'd be erm worried.

Apart from his goals, Britt is too limited a footballer for us....he has something like fifteen assists for his whole career and for a "top" striker that is abysmal....even Rudy has twice has many as that....if he could add that to his game, he would be so much more effective, but if anything, his selfishness probably costs us goals when he shoots from a ridiculous angle instead of making a simple pass....he is a decent lad by all accounts but very much a one trick pony....so anybody who can work with a partner is an upgrade

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)