oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Apart from his goals, Britt is too limited a footballer for us....he has something like fifteen assists for his whole career and for a "top" striker that is abysmal....even Rudy has twice has many as that....if he could add that to his game, he would be so much more effective, but if anything, his selfishness probably costs us goals when he shoots from a ridiculous angle instead of making a simple pass....he is a decent lad by all accounts but very much a one trick pony....so anybody who can work with a partner is an upgrade

100% agree. That said, Britt would probably be the better partner for Moore if we played 2 up top out of him and Fletcher. I know its not going to happen but a completely new front line would make my pre season.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Apart from his goals, Britt is too limited a footballer for us....he has something like fifteen assists for his whole career and for a "top" striker that is abysmal....even Rudy has twice has many as that....if he could add that to his game, he would be so much more effective, but if anything, his selfishness probably costs us goals when he shoots from a ridiculous angle instead of making a simple pass....he is a decent lad by all accounts but very much a one trick pony....so anybody who can work with a partner is an upgrade

Very fair points and difficult to argue with! Would still be a very valuable option for the season though imo.

The trouble is if we sell britt he will go and bang in 20+ goals for a promotion rival next season. AS if you feed britt he scores the trouble is he has been playing in a side that doesn't create chances 

Edited by DurhamRed
30 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Moore seen as an UPGRADE on britt? Worlds gone mad.

Exactly mate. This is probably Britts worst season in front of goal and yet he scored 11. Moore whose stock has never been so high scored 10. And Britt missed 3 months of season. Yet some peoples logic is telling them Moore an upgrade.

Moore might be better fit for a warnock team but never an upgrade.

I will take Moore alongside Britt and Fletcher as I think you then got 3 strikers who all offer something different.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The trouble is if we sell britt he will go and bang in 20+ goals for a promotion rival next season 

Does that really matter though. As long as we improve, which I think we will, surely thats what counts.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-boss-neil-warnock-11th-18740707

Some interesting bits, far less confidence from Cardiff now they say there is actually a ways to go between Cardiff and Moore on personal terms but they still think they have the edge because Wales and their stadium having happy memories?

They say both clubs have pitched to build their teams around Moore, where that leaves their 6 million pound 6 foot 4 Glatzel I have no idea. They confirm what Cardiff fans have been saying as well, they literally have no money to work with without sales Tan's closed the chequebook for now they confirm Hoilett is available so that Harris can have funds to sign his own winger.

Pattersons for sale as well I'd take him all day but at 3 million probably out of our price range, I do wonder whether this playing in Wales thing is overplayed if we're offering bigger terms we are a pretty big club especially in this division we have Warnock who Moore knows loves him if there's an edge it's probably 55 45 he could easily end up at either club is my reading of the situation.

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The trouble is if we sell britt he will go and bang in 20+ goals for a promotion rival next season. AS if you feed britt he scores the trouble is he has been playing in a side that doesn't create chances 

He was in a top 10 side in terms of goals for Forest in his last season there, and managed pretty much the same number of goals each season as he managed here.

The strike force totally isn't the issue it's the fact we have no wingers or a creative number 10 to make chances for the strikers that is very much the problem. We just need to sign another Gaston Ramirez somehow 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Some interesting bits, far less confidence from Cardiff now they say there is actually a ways to go between Cardiff and Moore on personal terms but they still think they have the edge because Wales and their stadium having happy memories?

Not sure if I buy this, he's English born, and only qualifies for Wales through a single grandparent, and has only made 3 appearances for them in that stadium, 5 appearances in total, both his goals for Wales were in the away matches.

He was picked for Wales on the back of a League One season with Barnsley, so he'd still get picked if he was playing for Middlesbrough.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure if I buy this, he's English born, and only qualifies for Wales through a single grandparent, and has only made 3 appearances for them in that stadium, 5 appearances in total, both his goals for Wales were in the away matches.

He was picked for Wales on the back of a League One season with Barnsley, so he'd still get picked if he was playing for Middlesbrough.

It's definitely umm interesting logic if that's the spin they're getting, also he's such a priority for Harris and is desperate for Cardiff specifically so much that... They still haven't agreed personal terms?

I'd guess it's the welsh media angle, play for Cardiff you have welsh media availability but in terms of helping him make the Wales squad if he's banging in goals for Boro it doesn't make a jot of difference.

23 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

100% agree. That said, Britt would probably be the better partner for Moore if we played 2 up top out of him and Fletcher. I know its not going to happen but a completely new front line would make my pre season.

Why would Britt be a better partner for Moore than Fletcher?  

22 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Britt has NEVER scored more than 15 goals in the Championship.  

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I agree that Britt has lacked decent service for us but I don't think he's good enough to play for a promotion team. He contributes hardly anything to the team. 

33 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Moore of course is an assist king.  Except, that's not the case.  His only full season in the Championship and he managed 5 assists, but only scored 10.  Britt has a couple of seasons scoring 15 and assisting a couple as well.  I

In fact, he's a few months older than Britt and has 20 assists in total, versus Britt's 17 (according to transfermarkt), which I guess makes him almost equally abysmal. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)