oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

18 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Our problem certainly last season and for many seasons really is that we do  not score enough goals reading the names on the thread will that change and if so where will the extra goals come from?

Then you have to address the problem of why we didn’t score enough goals? 
Was it the strikers? Not in my opinion, Britt is a very capable goal scorer and even Fletcher came good towards the back end of the season. 
Did the midfield contribute to enough goals? Not even close think Paddy & Wing got 5/7 goals in the league

Did the midfield create enough chances for our forwards? I think the general consensus is no. But then was this the midfield fault or the fault of the system and tactics they were told to employ

Personally we need to sort out the back four as we are obviously light there but it seems that’s in hand. Then we definitely need to add creativity and width to our midfield. It needs thinning out and rebuilding the that would be the priority for me. But it’s obviously easier said than done

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Creativity through the middle has always been our Achilles heel since dropping into the championship. Tomlin and Ramirez are our most successful players but I also can’t think of many others we have had who fit that mould?

Until we address it then I think we are always going to struggle, but I live in hope that this will be the window that changes it!

• Like 1

There must be some signing news today surely. If not I suspect Warnock is finding it as hard as all our managers to get people in when we don't pay stupid wages. Which is the trade off.

I hope we get decent enough players in before Sept 12. We need a good start this season. 

36 minutes ago, edinboro said:

There must be some signing news today surely. If not I suspect Warnock is finding it as hard as all our managers to get people in when we don't pay stupid wages. Which is the trade off.

I hope we get decent enough players in before Sept 12. We need a good start this season. 

Hopefully hear about Moore by the end of the week.

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Won't really be missed in my eyes

Watch us get Joe Hart in, buggers been everywhere else.

I'd rather nip in and steal Freddie Woodman from Swansea - they're about to renew his loan from Newcastle.

A shame to see a young local keeper leave if true, but I don't think Pears has been overly impressive in his half season.

Could see it ending up like Connor Ripley, leaving here to warm the bench elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pears is off to Blackburn. 

Explains why we’re after a keeper

Also explains why we've heard nothing about us renewing his contract or taking the year option on his current deal.

Bit of a shame as he certainly has potential to be a good keeper for us. But as it stands we aren't exactly losing a keeper of Randolph quality, in losing Pears.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

A shame to see a young local keeper leave if true, but I don't think Pears has been overly impressive in his half season.

Could see it ending up like Connor Ripley, leaving here to warm the bench elsewhere.

It seems the club are backing Sol Brynn as the long term chance for a keeper from the academy, I wouldnt be surprised if Mejias left too so then we are left with a new senior keeper, Stojanovic and Brynn

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)