oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

31 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pears is off to Blackburn. 

Explains why we’re after a keeper

If we are going to rebuild so we can challenge. We need a better keeper than Pears. No great miss in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I'm a little surprised by the news that Pears may be on the move, especially if its a permanent deal.

I know the club predicted big things from him and saw him as the most likley academy graduate to make the first team.

I still think he'll develop into a very good keeper.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

I'm a little surprised by the news that Pears may be on the move, especially if its a permanent deal.

I know the club predicted big things from him and saw him as the most likley academy graduate to make the first team.

I still think he'll develop into a very good keeper.

Hes out of contract and seems unlikely we have took a one year option to then send him on loan, so its almost certainly a permanent transfer

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Hes out of contract and seems unlikely we have took a one year option to then send him on loan, so its almost certainly a permanent transfer

I don't think he's out of contract, he's entering his final year IIRC.

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Thats a shame. His opportunities here have been limited - I'd have liked to see him go on loan for a while to get some first team experience at a decent level, then hopefully come back to be our first choice keeper.

Maybe he could do a Ben Gibson...

16 minutes ago, boroat said:

If we are going to rebuild so we can challenge. We need a better keeper than Pears. No great miss in my eyes.

Hart would be a welcome addition, can see us trying for the Cardiff lad though is it ethrington

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats a shame. His opportunities here have been limited - I'd have liked to see him go on loan for a while to get some first team experience at a decent level, then hopefully come back to be our first choice keeper.

Maybe he could do a Ben Gibson...

Not sure that's true, he made 22 appearances in the Championship at 21 years old. Another 2 appearances after turning 23.

That's a lot more opportunity than many young home-grown keepers get at this level, even if it was largely down to Randolph's injury and departure that he played.

Many of the young keepers in the Championship are on loan from Premier League clubs.

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

he is definitely out of contract this summer, unless we have already took the option

You're right. I could have sworn there was 1 more year, but nope, he is indeed out of contract. I apologise!

We have the 1 year extension on his old contract we'd be mad not to exercise it to get a fee for him Mogga's not recruiting him for the bench he's after a starting GK as his priority we could easily get 500k for Pears from a league rival even with a year left.

If it's sentiment to Mogga, who I love, as a reason we don't activate the extension so he walks on a free I don't really understand it.

One of our former academy keepers actually trialled for Blackpool a few days ago I think it was Zach Hemming but I don't know all Blackpool said was the trialist was a Boro academy product GK.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)