oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sadly I am aware of that but he knows that he is more than welcome to return when he feels more comfortable.

And here lays the crux of the matter being comfortable being on the forum without the feeling of being bullied, I believe that both DZ and diggerlad do not intentionally set out to bully other members but when you read certain contents then it does seem that way.

We all love the gossip, fleeting bits of information from all those who have the cander to put the information out there, be it right or wrong and certainly it does seem that they share the same sourse of information but as I say we can take the info with a pinch of salt until proven accurate.

Every transfer window thread has been the same but sometimes it does get a bit too close to being offensive and perhaps this is one of those times.

Therefore to all posters please be mindful of how your posts could be interpretated by others and if it is your intention to be the big bad wolf then please don't bother.

I hate losing members, it upsets me to a degree unless they deserve it and it can not carry on.

Thanks and rant over

I disagree. The other poster who has left was called out multiple times by them, essentially called him a liar. I can't see how that isn't intentional? 

It would appear that I'm the new target because DZ was woefully wrong about Britt, and I knew it. Him and his brother are too childish to accept that they were wrong, yet they'll call out other posters relentlessly if they get something wrong. 

Anyway, I'll go back to lurking like I did for the last few months. Not here to cause arguments and upset the tone.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

This Gwion Edwards link has to be something to do with Marvin Johnson leaving surely?

We heard yesterday Friend had offers from at least 3 Championship clubs you'd think Marvin would be the same. The guy has 1 highlights video from 5 years ago and every 2 games he played last season he got a yellow card I'm all for getting a squad player in on the cheap but I'm not sure Gwion Edwards is the one for our u23 squad yet alone rotating for us on the left wing.

Edited by Jamie-H
1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-luton-town-race-sunderland-to-sign-ipswich-town-attacker/

Erm, who is this guy?

Viickers on Moore - "The Wales international is understood to be on Boro's list but not top of it"

If we were to go for anyone from Ipswich I'd hope it would be James Norwood - scored a lot of goals in his career in the lower leagues and last season he popped up with a fair few for his first season in League 1. 29 as well so perfect age to hit the ground running.

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant by my comment and I was one word away. You were a whole separate explanation away from what you were actually trying to say via your post. Maybe you should put more thought into what you're trying to say before you have a go at others for it. Just saying.

Other people understood it fine mate, I am not going to argue on this but I geniuely still dont understand why you felt the need to take issue when all I said was "if a lack of information means we are getting deals done behind the scenes" 

Its no great definitive statement on deals, its a fairly throwaway comment on how a lack of information may be better for us in doing deals, honestly I was surprised by the hostility and hence why I said I wasnt making a definitive conclusion

Basically it looks like who ever is in charge of transfer negotiations once again are not up to par to get deals over the line.  I imagine Warnock will be very peed off. 

And the gazette are just getting worse and worse.  They are just a puppet. 

Then we get linked to a winger from Ipswich who is garbage. Your better of keeping Marv. Plenty of time left in the window but Warnock said he didn't want to mess around and it looks exactly like that is happening. 

I know other clubs haven't done much business and finances are tighter but Warnock wants people in and it isnt happening as quickly as he probably wants i hope he is kicking a fuss up. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Basically it looks like which everything is in charge of transfer negotiations once again are not up to par to get deals over the line.  I imagine Warnock will be very peed off. 

Very few other clubs are doing deals to be fair, may say more about the market

4 minutes ago, Will said:

I disagree. The other poster who has left was called out multiple times by them, essentially called him a liar. I can't see how that isn't intentional? 

It would appear that I'm the new target because DZ was woefully wrong about Britt, and I knew it. Him and his brother are too childish to accept that they were wrong, yet they'll call out other posters relentlessly if they get something wrong. 

Anyway, I'll go back to lurking like I did for the last few months. Not here to cause arguments and upset the tone.

keep posting mate, no one wants you to solely lurk!

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Will said:

Keep posting dude. 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Will said:

Hear what you say Will a fine line was crossed.

You are not a new target because it will no longer be tolerated I can assure you.

Not going to finger point and start blaming as it will not undo the damage but hopefully this matter can be closed as of now and that parties will accept that their attitudes need to change.

One final matter I will not be drawn into an arguement over this, there are times I and the moderation team have to act on behalf of the whole forum.

Smoggydownsouth you are welcome to come back an add to the insanity any time you want to mate😄

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Will said:

I've got nothing against @Smoggydownsouth, the accusations of me bullying him off the forum are a bit bemusing, tbh. My brother had an issue with him, not me.

Also I made it perfectly clear that I'm not ITK and all the info I was passing on was via my brother while he chose not to post here himself. I was told Assombalonga was deeply unhappy under Pulis and was looking to leave, that's it. I have no idea what his mindset is now nor do I claim to, unlike you.

Oh and btw mate this isn't a train station, you don't have to announce your departure.

The names linked in this window have to be the most depressing list in the riverside era. 

I get why Chris Martin might work in a Warnock team, but the guy is literally the most immobile striker in the championship. Do we really need someone like that to add to our list of plodders? 

• Like 1

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/edwards-linked-to-championship-duo-1-6787040

"£2,200 a week"

Mystery solved, even if we pay out 300k for the guy because of the low wages I'd guess he'd work out cheaper than Marvin over the year given Marvins transfer fee and era he was signed in I'd guess he's on the 10k range we bump this Ipswich lad up 1k the difference over the first year savings on wage probably covers any fee. 

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've got nothing against @Smoggydownsouth, the accusations of me bullying him off the forum are a bit bemusing, tbh. My brother had an issue with him, not me.

Also I made it perfectly clear that I'm not ITK and all the info I was passing on was via my brother while he chose not to post here himself. I was told Assombalonga was deeply unhappy under Pulis and was looking to leave, that's it. I have no idea what his mindset is now nor do I claim to, unlike you.

Oh and btw mate this isn't a train station, you don't have to announce your departure.

Think this is time to stop all of this now before things are said or I lock the thread for a while!

Getting the last word in by your last comments DZ do not help.

You are a fine forum member, part and parcel of it, get back to the excellent contributions we know you can make.

Simply put the matter is closed let's discuss the fantasy players we all hope Warnock will sign

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)