oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

So long as he's more Viduka/Schwarzer than Vidmar/Okon, I'm game. 🇦🇺🦘

Does super Rhys Williams sit somewhere in the middle of this sandwich?

He actually has really decent stats, last season in 25 games he had 17 G/A if the season continued he'd have easily ended on a 20 G/A goal contribution. Throws himself around as well seems like a good fit for Warnock the Gazette just slyly mentioned him in their rumour roundup we've tracked him for over a year and if our only competition is Barnsley with Stoke the other rumoured side looking at him going for Kayden Jackson.

13 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53716668

This could be us?

Unnamed championship club not named Barnsley have bid rejected for Dykes. He is a targetman with legs to run could he be one of the alternatives/better targets we're moving for given what we've heard today about Moore not being completely ideal for Warnock and his system.

I’m excited that he’s got legs to run, they could come in really useful. 

• Haha 7
13 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53716668

This could be us?

Unnamed championship club not named Barnsley have bid rejected for Dykes. He is a targetman with legs to run could he be one of the alternatives/better targets we're moving for given what we've heard today about Moore not being completely ideal for Warnock and his system.

Being linked with him in January suggests to me that if it is us it would be a club recommendation rather than a Warnock type. 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

That might be a very sensible suggestion because and despite my earlier comments this continues to roll along.

I do not want to lock the thread but I am so peeved about the way this is developing to the detremment of all other members then I will have no other option but to impose short term bans.

Yes I have banned Adam and all his alias's but to ban long term members who don't want to listen is upsetting.

Stop trying to break it up man. Let em fight. Much more interesting than discussing the cons and, er, cons of Gwion Edwards.

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Its worth noting that only Coventry and Norwich have been busy in this transfer window so far in the championship https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2?saison_id=2020

With the rest of the league its 1 or 2 at most (ignoring returning loans)

This is true, however id be surprised if any other club has as much work to do in the market - considering the number of players we lost from an already dysfunctional, light on talent squad. Add in the seeming goal to aim for the play offs coming off a season where we only just avoided relegation.. id say we have a bit more work ahead of us than most!

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

This is true, however id be surprised if any other club has as much work to do in the market, considering the number of players we lost from an already dysfunctional, light on talent squad. Add in the seeming goal to aim for the play offs coming off a season where we only just avoided relegation.. id say we have a bit more work ahead of us than most!

Aye, that's expensive as well so I suspect we have to make sure each deal is right for us. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

This is true, however id be surprised if any other club has as much work to do in the market, considering the number of players we lost from an already dysfunctional, light on talent squad. Add in the seeming goal to aim for the play offs coming off a season where we only just avoided relegation.. id say we have a bit more work ahead of us than most!

Oh yeah, I completely agree but it was more to show the state of affairs business wise. Interesting that only 3 transfers have taken place in which a fee has been paid so far in the window

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Will said:

Looking in the same kind of mould, Chris Martin is a great target man with far better footballing ability than Moore and better pedigree in this league. But he hasn't been mentioned anywhere except here.

I think you are a bully too 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m excited that he’s got legs to run, they could come in really useful. 

I'll take a working set of legs on our new striker I have this back of my mind dread we end up with Nuhiu, I'll cling to anything to comfort me our new striker isn't going to be a lampost!

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Standard transfer window under Boro this go after player's that we can't really afford 😂

2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Basically it looks like who ever is in charge of transfer negotiations once again are not up to par to get deals over the line.  I imagine Warnock will be very peed off. 

And the gazette are just getting worse and worse.  They are just a puppet. 

Then we get linked to a winger from Ipswich who is garbage. Your better of keeping Marv. Plenty of time left in the window but Warnock said he didn't want to mess around and it looks exactly like that is happening. 

I know other clubs haven't done much business and finances are tighter but Warnock wants people in and it isnt happening as quickly as he probably wants i hope he is kicking a fuss up. 

What is it you want? Because this makes it seem like you want us to target players that we can afford, but ones that are better than we already have, and also play for clubs who will just accept whatever we offer. 

I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. Basically, you can get deals done quick, or you can get them done cheap. If there isn't a sticking point, and you get a player cheaply and quickly, he's probably not going to be very good. 

Our recruitment team have their faults, but as you said yourself, it's a slow market. We aren't just going to sign 4/5 players this week for bargain prices.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Does super Rhys Williams sit somewhere in the middle of this sandwich?

He actually has really decent stats, last season in 25 games he had 17 G/A if the season continued he'd have easily ended on a 20 G/A goal contribution. Throws himself around as well seems like a good fit for Warnock the Gazette just slyly mentioned him in their rumour roundup we've tracked him for over a year and if our only competition is Barnsley with Stoke the other rumoured side looking at him going for Kayden Jackson.

Not seem much of him, but liked what I have seen. Enough to put him in my SPL Fantasy Football side at least!

As you say, has a physical side to his game which might suit Warnock's wants. Plays other players in too.

I'd rather take a chance on Dykes than sign Moore if I'm honest. Sounds like there's be less outlay on wages, and potentially a player who can do a job at a higher level, so maybe a shrewd investment. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

What is it you want? Because this makes it seem like you want us to target players that we can afford, but ones that are better than we already have, and also play for clubs who will just accept whatever we offer. 

I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. Basically, you can get deals done quick, or you can get them done cheap. If there isn't a sticking point, and you get a player cheaply and quickly, he's probably not going to be very good. 

Our recruitment team have their faults, but as you said yourself, it's a slow market. We aren't just going to sign 4/5 players this week for bargain prices.

What i want is to see is the recruitment team delivering the the goods after 4 or 5 garbage windows. I want Warnock to get the backing and not be let down. Yes im inpatient and we don't know what we have lined up. But it sounds like alot of deals have gone cold. The seasons is very close and i doubt Warnock has come here for another mid table finish. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)