oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

If you are using the car park nearest the old steel works...stay clear of the bushes or the rats will eat the loser

I went to that apprentice school, before the strike!

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

It's a website devoted to a different kind of entertainment that sometimes, but not always, still involves balls.

Oh we don't do that here...its like catching chickens

50 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm antsy for another signing now.

The club will probably release a third interview with Grant Hall tomorrow instead.

They are really milking Grant Hall never know a signing have a interview then he is on every post they do like today the training kit release, yesterday he was training with Browne and Bola. He might be playing us a tune on the guitar tomorrow 😁

7 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Sadlier would be a decent Free Agent too. Again, think he's only been mentioned here.

Can play centrally or as a wide forward, so would suit numerous systems.

See he has just signed for Rotherham. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Whilst you lot were slagging each other off, I took at bit of time to look into the stats on a few players that have popped up on here. 

I've looked into what I consider are defensive stats for a few midfielders. We are obviously targeting a more defensive (holding) type midfielder hence being openly linked with Amos (If the Gazette are to be believed). I've looked at Kevin Stewart (Free Agent), Luke Amos (Spurs - low fee reported), Sam Morsy (Realistic due to Wigan's relegation?) and Josh Cullen (West Ham, was on loan at Charlton) - who would be my choice. Obviously stats are not everything, but they can help paint some of the picture.

image.thumb.png.cf227b9744e41042ebba4d037091fe4a.png

Disclaimer: I have used WhoScored as it seems one of few websites that has more detailed stats, outside of appearances, goals and assists. Obviously pro teams will have things like WyScout which will have a huge number of statistical categories available and much more detail in those stats.

Edit: Graph goes upto 3.5 (per game) in intervals of 0.25. Stewart has 3.4 tackles per game for reference.

Stats are not everything!😱😱

Please don't tell @Changing Times as he thinks that backs up his argument every time 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

You mean, "Rumours are Gestede has gone back to France"?

This was the day before Warnock had the conversation with Gestede, and Gestede refused to play on until the end of the season, so Warnock told him he could go home.  So he in fact hadn't gone back to France and was at training the very next day.

Hmmm 🤨

I got the information, and it proved to be correct. 

You have too much time on your hands, and after seeing how other people perceive you on here I'm happy to leave you to it.

Have a nice night.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

The Gazette will bring us an exclusive tour of Kevin Blackwell's unfinished kitchen. 👍

To be fair, that would be probably more exciting that the current transfer window.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Stats are not everyone! 😱😱

Please don't tell @Changing Times as he thinks that backs up his argument every time 

Just to cover CT’s back a bit.

Here only uses stats 78% of the time for general discussion. He then will use stats 93% of the time when trying to iterate a point. 
However this jumps to 99.9% of the time of someone has a contradicting viewpoint. 
However he only uses stats 37% of the time effectively against 65% of posters 

True story 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Just to cover CT’s back a bit.

Here only uses stats 78% of the time for general discussion. He then will use stats 93% of the time when trying to iterate a point. 
However this jumps to 99.9% of the time of someone has a contradicting viewpoint. 
However he only uses stats 37% of the time effectively against 65% of posters 

True story 😉

60% of the time it works every time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)