oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Obviously Gibson training with the club in close season doesn't mean much, but you'd think it would hint that the signs of a return were broadly positive at this point.

It could just hint that he's been here for most of the year so far and nothing has changed in his personal circumstances?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

It will be interesting to see if the Gazette report on this. Given that there was a photo, which people have seen, of Gibson training at Boro, there is clearly a story there.

If they don't report on it, then that says a lot about whether they have to run stories past the club.

Is there a story there?  He's been here for months so unless the story is:

GIBSON STILL TRAINING HERE:  EXCLUSIVE!

Then really, what is the story exactly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

It could just hint that he's been here for most of the year so far and nothing has changed in his personal circumstances?

I suspect at the very least it means Norwich aren't close to signing him. Which isn't far off what most of us would expect anyway.

Indeed, there's nothing to suggest it's more positive for us than we already understand, if we could afford to do the deal for him, it would have undoubtedly been done ages ago and until there's no chance of that happening, I'd expect Burnley don't want him around anyway.

I guess in Warnock's eyes, he's not as fussed now there might be a chance of him actually being here next season as opposed to when he didn't want him training with the first team towards the end of the season just gone, when he definitely couldn't make use of him.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is there a story there?  He's been here for months so unless the story is:

GIBSON STILL TRAINING HERE:  EXCLUSIVE!

Then really, what is the story exactly?

That's exactly the kind of article I would expect from your lot at the Gazette.

The story is that they've deleted the photos that he was in, even though it was only in the distant background, not that he was in photos.

There's clearly more to it as they were happily publicising it in January.

I was under the impression that he wasn't training here anymore. If there's no story, why has the photo been removed? Just speculating.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The story is that they've deleted the photos that he was in, even though it was only in the distant background, not that he was in photos.

There's clearly something more to it

This. Why delete the photo when its hardly a secret he's been training with us anyway?

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

If that's the story, you can guess how shocked I would be if the Gazette did report on it. If the club want something hidden, the Gazette are hardly gonna be willing to publish something that really isn't a huge shock to any of us.

Just now, Tom said:

I was under the impression that he wasn't training here anymore. If there's no story, why has the photo been removed? Just speculating.

Were you?  I was under the impression that nothing had changed at all with him so I just assumed he was still knocking about with us.  I'm fairly sure that people mentioned he was at Rockliffe Hall on this very forum and I would guess it's been all over social media as well?

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't see the Gazette writing a story about the Gazette deleting a photo.  The actual story would be that Gibson is training with us, which I, incorrectly it seems, assumed that everyone already knew?  That's not really a story, to me anyway.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Were you?  I was under the impression that nothing had changed at all with him so I just assumed he was still knocking about with us.  I'm fairly sure that people mentioned he was at Rockliffe Hall on this very forum and I would guess it's been all over social media as well?

Not sure about the latter being on social media myself but I'm definitely with you on this one, I don't know why those circumstances would have changed when the circumstances surrounding his future haven't changed. He's still not wanted by Burnley and we're still happy to give him a temporary home if unable to provide a permanent one.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not sure about the latter being on social media myself but I'm definitely with you on this one, I don't know why those circumstances would have changed when the circumstances surrounding his future haven't changed. He's still not wanted by Burnley and we're still happy to give him a temporary home if unable to provide a permanent one.

Ah right, I assumed that if it was on here then it would be on twitter and facebook etc as well.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)