oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Another defensive player. Are we going to go through another window where we don’t address our creativity fgs. 

7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Another defensive player. Are we going to go through another window where we don’t address our creativity fgs. 

Wouldn't be a transfer window without you wetting the bed 😂

• Like 1

I'm behind this link, I really want us to sign a proper defensive midfielder to play him behind howson and tav in a three. What I dont want to see is a defensive midfielder alongside howson and saville. That would be very pulis.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we're signing defensive players on frees, it might mean we'll spend more on attacking players.

I think this is absolutely the case. We know we've tried to get a LB on a loan, a 6 figure fee for Amos and at CB we're bidding around 750k for Goode right now, then GK the favourite seems Phillips whose price is set at 800k we're not breaking the bank making any of these moves to bring in defensive bodies.

Offset the GK outlay with a Pears sale you can see the logic for Warnock, Murphy on a loan then maybe Hoilett and a 1-2 million pound striker you could be looking at a Karanka era splurge of around 4-5 million which I don't think breaks the bank especially if we can squeeze a couple of sales in there.

15 minutes ago, "KM" said:

All successful sides are built off a solid defence, plus hes said he wants upto 6 players so I'd imagine 1 or 2 will be attack minded players

Seems like more rumours today than the past 2 weeks combined. I suppose a lot of players have been on holiday and now they’re back their agents are getting down to work. 

5 minutes ago, mj south said:

All successful sides are built off a solid defence, plus hes said he wants upto 6 players so I'd imagine 1 or 2 will be attack minded players

Totally agree but in the last couple of windows we’ve brought in a lot of defensive players and always leave it too late to bring in any attacking players. I just hope history does not repeat itself. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm behind this link, I really want us to sign a proper defensive midfielder to play him behind howson and tav in a three. What I dont want to see is a defensive midfielder alongside howson and saville. That would be very pulis.

Decent age. Championship experience. Free. Combine that with getting Grant hall on a free and thats a pretty tidy start to business this window.

Neil Harris is heavily implying we offered Moore better wage terms than he has signed at Cardiff.

"I'll be honest, he could've taken more lucrative offers from elsewhere in the country, but he wanted to come and play for Cardiff and he wanted to come and play for me. That's a big thing."

Guess that Cardiff pull for Moore did mean something, even when we offer the most money to players they find a way to go elsewhere! Sounds like we really are backing Warnock to the hilt though especially if it's true that Moore isn't even top 2 on the list...

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Neil Harris is heavily implying we offered Moore better wage terms than he has signed at Cardiff.

"I'll be honest, he could've taken more lucrative offers from elsewhere in the country, but he wanted to come and play for Cardiff and he wanted to come and play for me. That's a big thing."

Guess that Cardiff pull for Moore did mean something, even when we offer the most money to players they find a way to go elsewhere! Sounds like we really are backing Warnock to the hilt though especially if it's true that Moore isn't even top 2 on the list...

Who tf would choose to play for Neil Harris 😂

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)