oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

They don't even have a website and nothing comes up when you google them. I call bullshit.

So in cursory research, the sale definitely has happened, the Amora FC (the club in question) has mention of it on what I'm assuming is a facebook page relating to them (guessing it's fan run?):

https://www.facebook.com/amorafcamorense/?ref=py_c

- Zuneid Sidat sold his stake to an American holding company, with Mozambican losing - apparently - half the invested amount.

• Thanks 1

Here's another Portuguese article referencing the sale to Americans.

https://olhoclinicomoz.com/2020/07/10/mocambicanos-retiram-se-da-sad-do-amora-fc/

And it was necessarily to avoid that the investment does not have the due return, financial and sporting, that Lalgy and Sidat decided to put their shares on sale, having this week reached an agreement with a group of American investors that will keep the 75% that belonged Mozambicans.

The bit that we need to figure out is BS or not is if these americans are investing in us and/or Benevento.

It's all a bit strange, American investment groups and equity firms have been buying up clubs all over Europe COVID if anything has accelerated the trend. So I can buy that but these groups aren't minority stakeholders they usually just go in and takeover there's absolutely no indication they've done that to the newly promoted Benevento or us so it's a bit strange.

The Portugese director is talking up a first year investment that's on par with Charlie Goode's transfer fee color me sceptical they've even found an American group with actual money. Alessio Sundas has been trying to buy Benevento for years he's got ties in America maybe I could see him forming a consortium because they're back in Serie A but it's a bit of a bizarre one.

I think if MFC was involved in any form of takeover, the first news of it would come from a more authoritative source than a website in Mozambique, which seems to be the main attribution so far.

• Like 1

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abola.pt%2Fnnh%2F2020-07-26%2Fcampeonato-portugal-empresa-norte-americana-vai-adquirir-sad-do-amora%2F854864

An Abola article from weeks ago pre empting todays news says this American group already has 'partnerships' with Benevento and Middlesbrough not sure because I don't speak portugese if it's a direct translation to what we'd consider a partnership or if it's meaning something different.

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think if MFC was involved in any form of takeover, the first news of it would come from a more authoritative source than a website in Mozambique, which seems to be the main attribution so far.

The original source is a Portuguese daily newspaper based in Lisbon called Diário de Notícias

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The first story linked is on the Diario de noticas. Which is a legitimate Portuguese newspaper. 

We do need to see something more though before this is remotely credible.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Will said:

If any serious investment had happened at Boro it would have to be registered with companies house, correct?

I'd wager if anything resembling a takeover of newly promoted Benevento was happening in the past month since their promotion the Italian media would have something the press over there is crazy.

That Abola article is the earliest source we have right now about a supposed link to us and that was 3 weeks ago and then today the director post takeover mentioned us and Benevento again.

Problem here is if the groups name really is America Soccer that's so generic it will be nigh on impossible to pin down from a google search unless they had media articles written about them.

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Is it possible that they have investments in Middlesbrough, England as oppose to Middlesbrough Football Cub?

Could be; then it could be a misunderstanding by that Abola article that specifically mentions Middlesbrough (Championship)

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Could be; then it could be a misunderstanding by that Abola article that specifically mentions Middlesbrough (Championship)

They may have bought three houses on Parliament Road and rent them out as oppose to investing £200M into MFC.

• Haha 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)