oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, velocitractor said:

I reckon Mejias doesn't count. And Fry barely played. Friend feels like the last link to that era. 

I agree, but 6 appearances for Meijas overall and 7 appearances for Fry in the league.

Those cup matches still felt significant.

I had to avoid the pedantic gotchas.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

There’s an obvious need for a lot of bodies in but as my Leeds supporter friend says a manager makes a lot of difference and warnocks record speaks for it self  So chill guys if Warnock can get a team with bamba on ice promoted we may be ok 

• Like 1

@GraemeBailey

10h

Hull City have had bid for Randell Williams at Exeter turned down...a lot of clubs looking at the winger. Expect Championship bids to follow...

Williams, Bez Lubala and Charlie Kirk are all worth a look at from League 2 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-confirm-signing-midfielder-18773214

Apparently Swansea beat us to Korey Smith a free agent defensive midfielder bit out the blue, clears the way for Stewart you'd think after that Sky report yesterday.

We seem to be in for everyone can't accuse Warnock of sitting on his backside.

22 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Totally if this club has ambition to be challenging for the playoffs need atleast 6 players in.

We need 6 players to make sure we dont go down with a whimper.

We are one injury at CB away from a crisis, we are one injury away at both fullback positions from a crisis, were one injury away up front from a crisis.

Even if we get extremely lucky with injuries we have a bottom 3 first 11.

Dejan

Spence Hall Fry Bola/Johnson

Tav Howson Wing McNair Coulson/Johnson

Assombalonga

Subs: Meijas, Stubbs, Wood, Dijksteel, Bola/Coulson Saville Fletcher

Thats the best 11 I could put together and thats bad.

• Confused 1

Probably in the minority but I'm not fussed about Friend going really, he was probably a good body to have in the dressing room but he's been done for a few years now. 

Looking forward to a solid player being brought in to that position now.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-confirm-signing-midfielder-18773214

Apparently Swansea beat us to Korey Smith a free agent defensive midfielder bit out the blue, clears the way for Stewart you'd think after that Sky report yesterday.

We seem to be in for everyone can't accuse Warnock of sitting on his backside.

Or Bausor etc but they will still get the blame when players choose not to sign for us

2 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

We are one injury at CB away from a crisis, we are one injury away at both fullback positions from a crisis, were one injury away up front from a crisis.

Dejan

Assombalonga

Have a day off

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Dejan

Assombalonga

Glad your not the one picking the team, looks like you've tried very hard to pick the worst formation and line up possible.

Plus we have 2 RBs and 2 LBs, how many more do we need to get before we're not one injury away from a crisis there?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Besic was quality at this level, saying you would rather have Gestede, Guedioura ect back is absolute insanity. 

Irony: the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

I'd rather have my eyes poked out with sticks and replaced by burning coals than have Gestede back!

@scottpilgrim. When you say we are 1 injury away from a crisis how many players are you wanting for each position? 3?

I accept we need to strengthen at CB and one striker but we currently have 2 right backs and 3 left backs/wing backs. Whether u like them or not is a different matter.

By your logic we are one injury away from a crisis in any position unless u want 3 players for each position which would result in a squad of plus 30?

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

@scottpilgrim. When you say we are 1 injury away from a crisis how many players are you wanting for each position? 3?

I accept we need to strengthen at CB and one striker but we currently have 2 right backs and 3 left backs/wing backs. Whether u like them or not is a different matter.

By your logic we are one injury away from a crisis in any position unless u want 3 players for each position which would result in a squad of plus 30?

Sorry @mj south. I did not see your post but we are seemingly making the same point regarding @scottpilgrim post. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)