oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Didn't realise you can submit updates to transfermarkt. Just done that for Fry and Tav.

It’s basically footballs Wikipedia but with certain administrators doing the updates. That’s why you can’t trust the values etc but it’s a decent indication and the basic stats are good and up to date. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I don't expect Covid to loosen up in fact the opposite is likely to happen,It will be here for a while yet,after the last few days in the Channel there will likely to be a 2nd spike

Yeah, I don't think anyone should be operating under the expectation COVID is gonna go away. Its impact is gonna be with us for a while, I suspect.

As a bit of an aside, I don't think it looks good when clubs like Arsenal come out and ask players to take pay-cuts from astronomical wages and some of them refuse in the way Ozil did, complaining that it was too short notice and not very well thought out.

Well quite a lot of people are getting made redundant on short notice, including Arsenal staff, some of whom could still be in jobs with the extra money saved from his huge contract. It's not an ideal situation, it's not fair to anyone including players to say they should take cuts but Ozil can afford to lose a few quid, some people can't. Kudos to the players everywhere who accepted those pay-cuts and to the clubs who used that extra money to keep club staff in jobs. I know Arsenal still had to cut some jobs too and perhaps that was inevitable but maybe some more of those could have been kept safe if some players looked beyond themselves. It's scary looking at the way everywhere is cutting jobs and thinking about all the people who are now going to be scrapping for what remains.

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone should be operating under the expectation COVID is gonna go away. Its impact is gonna be with us for a while, I suspect.

As a bit of an aside, I don't think it looks good when clubs like Arsenal come out and ask players to take pay-cuts from astronomical wages and some of them refuse in the way Ozil did, complaining that it was too short notice and not very well thought out.

Well quite a lot of people are getting made redundant on short notice, including Arsenal staff, some of whom could still be in jobs with the extra money saved from his huge contract. It's not an ideal situation, it's not fair to anyone including players to say they should take cuts but Ozil can afford to lose a few quid, some people can't. Kudos to the players everywhere who accepted those pay-cuts and to the clubs who used that extra money to keep club staff in jobs. I know Arsenal still had to cut some jobs too and perhaps that was inevitable but maybe some more of those could have been kept safe if some players looked beyond themselves. It's scary looking at the way everywhere is cutting jobs and thinking about all the people who are now going to be scrapping for what remains.

Obviously this isn't the right thread for this sort of discussion, but the idea of Ozil just sitting there draining the club of resources whilst not playing makes me wonder once again why we have transfer fees.  I can't think of another industry that does this, if an accountant wanted to move from PWC to Deloitte's he'd just hand in his notice.  Why are footballers assets?  To stop them moving during the season you could just say that a player cannot play for more than x teams a season [which we already have I believe].  If there were no transfer fees and the ridiculous contracts that go hand in hand with them, Arsenal could have released Ozil and saved the jobs of lots of backroom staff.  Possibly.

Anyway, back to transfers...

5 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

I thought Mikel was leagues ahead of what we had at the club but why we’re discussing this in the 2020 summer transfer thread I don’t know.

Because he played for us before and that means people on here have to want him to sign for us again.  Like every other bloody player that's ever played for us.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because he played for us before and that means people on here have to want him to sign for us again.  Like every other bloody player that's ever played for us.

Nobody ever wanted Alex Nimely back 😔

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Well this window is going the same way as many windows alot of hype but no players through the door 

That's because a lot of the hype is just that, it's hype.  And we have had players through the door already.

I'm still very optimistic to be honest look at the CDMs we've supposedly missed out on Korey Smith's very meh for me, Luke Amos has alot of growing and learning to do you could easily make the case Kevin Stewart is the best of the 3 and he's still available if we get him I think we've done well.

Most important thing for us will be at the top end if the pitch we need to find an extra 20+ goals next season to have a chance any savings we make with free's like Stewart/Hall can be put into the winger/striker we need even the Gazette blokes who cried we had no money to spend as we were bidding for Saville have said there is money available to Warnock for fees before sales he's getting backed. Warnock's rarely left himself short in areas by the end of windows in the past I'm pretty confident we'll get players in the reason we were short last summer was because, and this is his own admission, Woodgate couldn't get Lukas Nmecha or Roberts so didn't see the point in panicking or settling for less quality loans.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

If Nixon's story is Friend to Birmingham I might actually have an aneurysm.

You know it will be, he may throw in a Kevin Stewart link

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Well this window is going the same way as many windows alot of hype but no players through the door 

What hype though? It's all self contained within threads like this and on twitter, all Warnock ever said is he wanted 5 or 6 in which is entirely possible.

People literally hype themselves up, just to get annoyed about it

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)