oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You mean these mistakes which are presumed half way through a transfer window during a pandemic? You're not even giving them a chance

You're actively willing failure

Presumed mistakes due to actual mistakes in the last SEVEN windows. Lucky number 8 eh?

If not we always have number 9 in jan.

You're actively defending failure 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You're not even giving them a chance

It's been what... 3.5 years since the failed January window of '17, the chance we had to strengthen and challenge to survive the drop from the Prem. Let's recall who has been in charge of those efforts, let's recall how many managers, let's recall how many bloody signings we've made which have been dreadful for one reason or another...

...and you want to give them a fresh start?

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Just maybe the Club are managing to keep their targets and negotiations under wraps and in doing so things look very quiet from the outside looking in but they may actually be very fruitful and productive when its all completed. Most of the "targets" so far are just names that we have come up with on here but truth is that apart from Hall, Goode and perhaps Amos nothing much has been mentioned or confirmed officially. 

Its very likely that we will have a "Bus day" where two or three turn up at once then it will all feel a bit better. Pears to Blackburn, then Phillips comes in along with Goode, Maddison, Murphy or Stewart and suddenly things would look a bit better stocked for the start of the season plus we are supposedly already in talks with Dan Glazer from Maccabi Tel Aviv. Throw in an agreement with Burnley for Ben Gibson and I think fans will feel a little more composed.

What we don't want is overpriced panic signings with contracts to match like the reported/alleged £25K week for Kieffer Moore. Patience will be a virtue in this transfer window.

I admire your optimism, wish I shared it but realistically it won't happen, nothing like it this has happened since we signed viduka and Hasselbank 

7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Im sure it'll strengthen soon but that's where we are as it stands. 

Only another 4 to go then we will have a good base from which to build.

4 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Just me or is the "spine" the least of our worries unless he just means CB, only need 1 DM imo 

Agreed, we probably need another CB and DCM, then we need 2 wingers capable of scoring and/or assisting 10+ goals a season.  Murphy would be a start - then one more like him.  I'm not a fan of Britt, but he and Fletcher are okay at this level.  I'd be happy for us to give the current fullbacks a go under Warnock, but as he tried for a left-back [from Celtic] it seems Bola won't be given a chance.

I don't get what there is to defend the club with, 7/8 failed transfer windows in a row and we've regressed every season

Prem -> Play offs -> Top Half -> Relegation Scrap in 4 seasons 

Forgive us for not having blind optimism that this window will be the one we sign several good players and fix our problems when there's no evidence to suggest this 

• Like 2

Apologies for the lack of update, my phone's knackered. 

Unfortunately not much of an update. Source was very tight lipped on everything. Other than that we trying for Roberts and still confident Gibson will come, we're trying to swap with Fry but looks like he doesn't want to go again.

Said we've got a lot of offers in and hopeful on at least a couple players signing next week. 

Clubs are wanting too much, free transfers are wanting too much. Explains the lack of movement in general. 

Didn't get chance to speak to him much because he was constantly on his phone, club are very busy trying to get on with it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

out of curiosity, is Gill above or below Stephen Gent...or has he gone now? 

Don't know exactly what they're doing but Gill is being pushed out. 

Warnock is doing the job that we paid Pulis £3m+ a year to do. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's been what... 3.5 years since the failed January window of '17, the chance we had to strengthen and challenge to survive the drop from the Prem. Let's recall who has been in charge of those efforts, let's recall how many managers, let's recall how many bloody signings we've made which have been dreadful for one reason or another...

...and you want to give them a fresh start?

A fresh start? No I just don't believe it's reasonable to think we have buying power over the likes of QPR, Forest, Swansea etc unless we have money

Putting the success of our signings under Monk and Pulis aside, which were atrocious, we only made those signings in the first place because we had buying power which we no longer have.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
14 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I don't get what there is to defend the club with, 7/8 failed transfer windows in a row and we've regressed every season

Prem -> Play offs -> Top Half -> Relegation Scrap in 4 seasons 

Forgive us for not having blind optimism that this window will be the one we sign several good players and fix our problems when there's no evidence to suggest this 

It's the blind optimism to panicked negativity midway through the window which is the problem

• Like 4
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)