oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

A fresh start? No I just don't believe it's reasonable to think we have buying power over the likes of QPR, Forest, Swansea etc unless we have money

Putting the success of our signings under Monk and Pulis aside, which were atrocious, we only made those signings in the first place because we had buying power which we no longer have.

Who's talking about buying power but you here, though? You seem to have brought an argument to the table, asking someone to balance their opinion out, based on a point they're not even close to making? The point here is clearly that, regardless of what money we have available, the people doing the deals aren't bloody good at it and we've seen that from both when we've had and haven't had the money to spend. Said it yourself, the signings we made under those 2 managers who had money to spend were atrocious.

So what leads you to believe anyone should be giving anybody the benefit of the doubt right now? If anything, ever since Woodgate was forced in, it should have been time to double down and remind the club that for every player they want but can't afford or can't convince to join, they have to take some bloody responsibility for being in that position to begin with. If we do actually bring on board your point of financial clout, then remind them why the sodding hell we're in this position to begin with; because our club can't spend money well, rich or poor, and that inability to spend when richer means we nearly got bloody relegated.

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

@Lurker have you heard anything about the new lad, Sam Jackson who joined the recruitment team in April?

He got name dropped by Warnock in an interview as the guy he was talking to re:Transfers. I assume he's in a senior position then?

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who's talking about buying power but you here, though? You seem to have brought an argument to the table, asking someone to balance their opinion out, based on a point they're not even close to making? The point here is clearly that, regardless of what money we have available, the people doing the deals aren't bloody good at it and we've seen that from both when we've had and haven't had the money to spend. Said it yourself, the signings we made under those 2 managers who had money to spend were atrocious.

So what leads you to believe anyone should be giving anybody the benefit of the doubt right now? If anything, ever since Woodgate was forced in, it should have been time to double down and remind the club that for every player they want but can't afford or can't convince to join, they have to take some bloody responsibility for being in that position to begin with. If we do actually bring on board your point of financial clout, then remind them why the sodding hell we're in this position to begin with; because our club can't spend money well, rich or poor, and that inability to spend when richer means we nearly got bloody relegated.

This is a transfer window thread for 2020 and the initial conversation was about why we aren't getting players in, why wouldn't I talk about buying power?

Let's get to the core of this though, you and Scott want Gibson and Bausor to go and that's not going to happen. So why keep going on about it?

3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

@Lurker have you heard anything about the new lad, Sam Jackson who joined the recruitment team in April?

He got name dropped by Warnock in an interview as the guy he was talking to re:Transfers. I assume he's in a senior position then?

Yeah, we've finally appointed someone without links to the club. He's a proper analyst, not like rubbish that we've been employing. 

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, we've finally appointed someone without links to the club. He's a proper analyst, not like rubbish that we've been employing. 

Do you happen to have anything juicy on the transfer front for us today mate?

5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

This is a transfer window thread for 2020 and the initial conversation was about why we aren't getting players in, why wouldn't I talk about buying power?

Let's get to the core of this though, you and Scott want Gibson and Bausor to go and that's not going to happen. So why keep going on about it?

You've literally never read anything else I've ever said on this matter, have you?

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Gibson and Bausor aren't going anywhere mate, you're not achieving anything

Remember when you said I was putting words in people's mouths?

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Now THAT is a good thing to hear. Better late than never!

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Remember when you said I was putting words in people's mouths?

Because I honestly have no idea what else you could be trying to achieve, in the last 3.5 years we have changed managers, Bevington has been and gone, Gill is being moved out and we have 2 new people involved in day to day recruitment

The only constants are Gibson and Bausor

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Now THAT is a good thing to hear. Better late than never!

Exactly, though I hope he didn’t identify the defenders Warnock said couldnt defend🤔

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because I honestly have no idea what else you could be trying to achieve, in the last 3.5 years we have changed managers, Bevington has been and gone, Gill is being moved out and we have 2 new people involved in day to day recruitment

The only constants are Gibson and Bausor

And I'll say again, in a hotly contested topic on this forum regarding Gibson's continued ownership of our club, something which has gone into all levels of detail and spanned across quite a lot of the members, you don't have a clue what my position on our ownership is if you think I want Gibson gone.

So maybe you should take a page out of your own book and not state what other people's positions are on other topics when you couldn't even let slide a slightly exaggerated statement of your own. And I'll leave it at that.

SIGNED:
Grant Hall (Free Agent)

SOLD:
George Friend (Birmingham) 🥺

LINKED (ITK):
Jack Clarke (Spurs)
Ben Gibson (Burnley)
Tyler Blackett (Reading) *MOVED TO FOREST*
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Mike Van der Hoorn (Free Agent)
Jonathan Hogg (Free Agent)
Oliver Burke (WBA)
Chris Gunter (Free Agent)
Marcus Maddison (Free Agent)
Patrick Roberts (Man City)
--
Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves)
Lewis Wing ( Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa)
Aynsley Pears (Blackburn)

LINKED (MEDIA):
Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem)
Wesley Said (Toulouse)
Jordan Jones (Rangers)
Loic Mbe Soh (PSG)
Armand Gnanduille (Free Agent) *MOVED TO TURKEY*
Moritz Leitner (Norwich)
Luke Amos (Spurs)
Adam Armstrong (Blackburn)
Junior Hoilett (Cardiff)
Kieffer Moore (Wigan)
Gwion Edwards (Ipswich)
Jacob Murphy (Newcastle)
Kevin Stewart (Free Agent)
Lyndon Dykes (Livingston)
Dan Glazer (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Korey Smith (Free Agent) *MOVED TO SWANSEA*
Jordan Peruzza (FC Toronto)
--
Paddy McNair (Stoke, Celtic)

Edited by Snowblind
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)