oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18244455.saints-target-wing-boro-stay-strong/

I know it came out months ago but weird we haven't heard about this again yet, can't see Warnock fitting him in his best XI in a 433 if he really has Prem interest still I can see Wing being sold.

Also we've have been credited with an interest in Jordan Perruzza a Toronto FC 19 year old attacker. A trial is unlikely so whoever moves for him apparently will be required to agree to a loan to buy.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/8/15/21370154/toronto-fc-academy-prospect-signs-with-sc-freiberg-another-draws-euro-interest

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18244455.saints-target-wing-boro-stay-strong/

I know it came out months ago but weird we haven't heard about this again yet, can't see Warnock fitting him in his best XI in a 433 if he really has Prem interest still I can see Wing being sold.

Also we've have been credited with an interest in Jordan Perruzza a Toronto FC 19 year old attacker. A trial is unlikely so whoever moves for him apparently will be required to agree to a loan to buy.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/8/15/21370154/toronto-fc-academy-prospect-signs-with-sc-freiberg-another-draws-euro-interest

Relevant section:

The 19-year-old Canadian has tore it up with Toronto FC II in the USL, scoring 15 goals in 24 matches.

Portsmouth, Brentford, Watford, QPR, and Middlesbrough all reportedly have interest in the Canadian, while a couple of German clubs and Italian trio Benevento, Brescia, and Empoli, where Peruzza spent time at before joining the Young Reds in Dec. 2018, are also keen, according to Hamilton.

The ESPN reporter also adds that Peruzza is attracting “plenty of interest” from Premier League teams, as well, but current quarantine regulations make a trial difficult. I’d assume TFC have also offered the TFC II striker a first-team contract, but with a EU passport, a loan plus option to buy is apparently the most likely outcome.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, scottpilgrim said:

Thats fine and dandy if you have belief in the people who do those deals.

Noone but Gibson has belief in the clowns at Boro. 

Ronaldo could turn up tomorrow wanting to play for free and Gill and his cronies would claim his stats arent as good as some nobody from league 1, and Bauser would cock it up with his negotiation skills.

I have zero belief trust or confidence in the ability of Gibson, Bausor or Gill to conduct deals, that went a very long time ago. They have repeatedly proved that they couldn't pick the winner in a one horse race. Bevington's departure either meant that they were looking for a scapegoat to blame or more likely he had enough and couldn't stick it any longer after the bullshine of the Golden Thread.

I do however have a lot of hope in the form of Warnock who has probably forgotten more than the three stooges ever learnt when it comes to transfers, signings and contracts.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And I'll say again, in a hotly contested topic on this forum regarding Gibson's continued ownership of our club, something which has gone into all levels of detail and spanned across quite a lot of the members, you don't have a clue what my position on our ownership is if you think I want Gibson gone.

So maybe you should take a page out of your own book and not state what other people's positions are on other topics when you couldn't even let slide a slightly exaggerated statement of your own. And I'll leave it at that.

I haven't looked into every post you put on here and I am sure your view is much more nuanced but generally all I see is on transfer windows and how terribly we are ran. But let's just not respond to each other, it's not worth either of our time

Just on back of what @Lurker said. How much would you take for Fry plus us getting Gibson back

£8m (to us) + Fry or am I being ambitious? 

Fry is 23 in August. Gibson is 28 in Jan so 4.5yr age difference.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Just on back of what @Lurker said. How much would you take for Fry plus us getting Gibson back

I thought the same as you, £8m, however I feel that Burnley still get the better of the deal as they will be able to recoup something on Fry, where we will not on Gibson.

Just now, TLF10 said:

After the Bamford tales and now Gibson who on earth in all seriousness could recommend to Fry that he should go to Burnley to further his career. If he was my son I would make sure he kept well away  from the place at all and at any cost. I have no idea what goes on over there but it appears from the outside looking in that its not a healthy or constructive environment. That said I'm not so sure that Fry is as good as some think and Dyche's history of man management under such circumstances doesn't bode well for the lad.

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

@Lurker have you heard anything about the new lad, Sam Jackson who joined the recruitment team in April?

He got name dropped by Warnock in an interview as the guy he was talking to re:Transfers. I assume he's in a senior position then?

I spoke to him on LinkedIn and he replied a few times. Seems to be a well grounded guy and said that they are working really hard in conjunction with Warnock to get the players in. I like his attitude and wish him every success but I know that there are some on here who will never be happy and will never give him a chance.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I would snap there hands off at a straight swap, fry has got worse since Karanka gave him his debut. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)