oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

That is our number 1 striker target missed out on.

Number one target and wherever Moore was on our list, too. That being said, I don't think we're gasping for a new quality striker. We need someone who offers something different to the 2 lads we've got at best. Maybe that's even contributed to Taylor's decision, who knows.

Honestly wish we were talking more about the creative players we're trying to sign. Maybe now City are out of the CL, we can figure out what's gonna happen with Roberts and one way or another, move on from that situation.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Sell Fry for £6mill + Gibson. 
Get Goode for £1mill. 
We then have a better CB in Gibson, more depth, and £5mill to spend on creative players. 

This makes too much sense, which is why it probably won't happen

• Haha 1
Just now, scotty189 said:

This makes too much sense, which is why it probably won't happen

Haha I know. In fairness though we can’t force Fry to leave if he doesn’t want too. It’s probably why we are trying to involve him in the deal.

That Nixon story on us tomorrow could be interesting, I'd guess it will be on Stewart most likely?

I remember last summer Nixon was on top of Cardiffs transfers to be fair whether it was Vaulks or Glatzel he might have decent connections in Warnocks circle of agents and pals. 

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

That is our number 1 striker target missed out on.

I dont think he was our number 1 target. The ITKs on here said we were simply looking at him but i have not seen one single link anywhere to see we even remotely made any form of approach to him. The guy has been linked with many clubs but we never been one of them.

Selling first Gibson to Burnley, then talking about selling Fry to them as well... It's just like Craster giving away all his wildling sons to the white walkers, just saying!
image.png.4f1c99ea00904b4433d95cc7dad21ba7.png

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

That Nixon story on us tomorrow could be interesting, I'd guess it will be on Stewart most likely?

I remember last summer Nixon was on top of Cardiffs transfers to be fair whether it was Vaulks or Glatzel he might have decent connections in Warnocks circle of agents and pals. 

I reckon it'll be Murphy or Glazer

• Like 3
4 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Or you could look at the situation with a bit of balance and admit we are competing with sides with more resources and in areas of the country more attractive than ours, we did deals for years because we were the biggest spenders in the league. Why can't our fans admit those days are gone? 

Its worth remembering Middlesbrough is a town not a city

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You heard about us being in for them? 
Be pretty happy with Murphy, especially if we can get Roberts back. 
Dont know much about Glazer tbh, what type of player is he?

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nothing new then....throw enough **** at the wall. I’m on about Nixon btw not yourself he tends to just repeat old stories. 

The longer we go on with no news the more concerning the situation will become. Have no doubt that Warnock will be chewing Bausor’s ear off to get players in but let’s face it we don’t have the pulling power we once used too. No parachute payments and we probably have to sell before we can buy. 

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Glazer thing is weird to me but he seems extremely similar to Will Vaulks who he spent 2 million on last summer so I get why Warnock would want him to anchor our midfield.

It's far too random for it not to be true that we're in for him as the Israeli guys say that's where I sit on it. Whether the 2 million we'd be paying is an indication of a midfield departure in the works or the type of budget Warnock's got for fees is an open question. 

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1

@BoroSmoggie. Glazer is a holding midfielder.

Would be very happy with Murphy on loan. 9 goals and 6 assists for sheff wed last season. Like u said him and Roberts cutting in either side of a striker will be good with me.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)