oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, "KM" said:

Nothing new then....throw enough **** at the wall. I’m on about Nixon btw not yourself, he tends to just report on stories which are already in the public domain. 

The longer we go on with no news the more concerning the situation will become. Have no doubt that Warnock will be chewing Bausor’s ear off to get players in but let’s face it we don’t have the pulling power we once used too. No parachute payments and we probably have to sell before we can buy. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Hope this Glazer is a proper ball winning, nasty, defensive mid if the link is true been missing that what Clayton did 2014-16 for us 

Midfield 3 of Tav---Glazer---Howson behind a front 3 of Hoilett---Fletcher---Murphy? Now you're talking 

All ifs, buts and maybes with our recruitment though

13 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Nothing new then....throw enough **** at the wall. I’m on about Nixon btw not yourself he tends to just repeat old stories. 

The longer we go on with no news the more concerning the situation will become. Have no doubt that Warnock will be chewing Bausor’s ear off to get players in but let’s face it we don’t have the pulling power we once used too. No parachute payments and we probably have to sell before we can buy. 

Absolutely, that's why I think it'll be one of those two. 

• Like 1

I honestly thought the Glazer link was his agent trying to get him a move to Watford. Watched a video and he certainly seems to graft. Even when 3 up in the 90th minute he was still quickly closing down. Seems to have a good work ethic if that video is representative.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The Murphy twin that was at Sheff Wed last season.

The Newcastle lad? I thought they paid about £8m for him a couple of years ago. Could sort out the right hand side if we fail to get Roberts back 

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

The Newcastle lad? I thought they paid about £8m for him a couple of years ago. Could sort out the right hand side if we fail to get Roberts back 

That's the one, yep.

7 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Boro and Bristol City are ‘battling to sign’ Wigan midfielder Joe Williams in a £2.5m deal, reports @TheSunFootball.

Ok so he's a central midfielder whose good around the box, either someone's getting sold, Bulkhaul's making record profits we don't know about or the Americans are paying.

Good player though, if it's true.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12413012/fulham-antonee-robinson-50000-a-week-wigan/

Meanwhile, Bristol City and Middlesbrough are battling to sign Wigan midfielder Joe Williams, 23, in a £2.5m deal.

The Robins wanted to take the former Everton youngster for less than his fixed fee but Boro have come in to raise the bar.

So it's a fixed fee of 2.5 million no higher due to relegation, the way Nixon writes it we've swooped into Bristols negotiation and inched closer to that fixed fee with what we're offering.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

When I posted my stats graphs, I actually compiled the stats for Williams and Mokotjo, neither were particularly standout. What I will say is Williams is only 19 so has plenty of potential. Mokotjo was really poor (statswise).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

When I posted my stats graphs, I actually compiled the stats for Williams and Mokotjo, neither were particularly standout. What I will say is Williams is only 19 so has plenty of potential. Mokotjo was really poor (statswise).

Where did you get the data for the graphs dan. You should put them up for each we are linked with for comparison. Good work 👍

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)