oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Blackburn linked with Hofmann who was at Brentford once upon a time 

Surprised we're not linked tbh, 2. Bundesliga where Warnock signed Glatzel, target man and 17 goals 6 assists last season

@reluctantnicko

Burnley. Also trying for Joe Worrall at Forest. Would swap Ben Gibson if it worked. Worrall would want to know first team prospects. Sheff U also still keen on him for squad too.

@reluctantnicko

Middlesbrough. Bristol City. Both fighting it out for Joe Williams. Wigan midfielder. Player. Fixed fee involved. Depends if either reach it. Decent move for lad either way.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Burnley. Also trying for Joe Worrall at Forest. Would swap Ben Gibson if it worked.

I think Burnley will be trying to swap or loan Gibson to anyone who is remotely interested or anyone who has a semi decent centre back. Its hardly a surprise that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, edinboro said:

Wing scored 7 goals before lockdown and then never got a look in under Warnock. So to say he had a poor season is unfair. He scores goals. That is what he does. 

The trick is working out if he can fit in a Warnock team. But not his fault if Warnock doesn't like him.

He did get a look in to be fair but looked massively out of his depth, I say this as a fan of the lad too. Whether it was burnout or what, in the second half of the season Wing looked far from good enough so he needs to sort himself out

• Like 1
1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Wing scored 7 goals before lockdown and then never got a look in under Warnock. So to say he had a poor season is unfair. He scores goals. That is what he does. 

The trick is working out if he can fit in a Warnock team. But not his fault if Warnock doesn't like him.

Wing took 81 shots last season and scored 7 goals which means that for every goal he scored he missed over 11 (the majority ending up in the back of the stand). Apart from being able to score the odd screamer he offers absolutely nothing to the team. He’s got no pace, can’t tackle, can’t header, has no positional awareness. It was like playing with 10 men at times. It also definitely wasn’t helped by the fact that Woodgate was trying to turn him into some sort of box to box midfielder, which he definitely isn’t but I don’t see him fitting into a warnock side where everyone is required to give 110%

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The positive of that is they still owe us £6million which would be very welcome

Hopefully..  but if Fry doesn't want to go to Burnley we probably don't have much else to offer them.

35 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Savile scored 10 in 44 in 17/18 - so he could be the box-to-box goal scoring midfielder we need if played correctly.

McNair scored 5 in 16 in 17/18 - so he could also be the goalscoring midfielder we need if played correctly.

What we don't have is the Championship Kante - someone who destroys and sits in front of the defence.  

What we absolutely need are wingers, preferably with pace, preferably wingers who both score and assist - Murphy would be an excellent start.

You mean someone like Adam Clayton?🙂

Just now, ManBearPig said:

You mean someone like Adam Clayton?🙂

The aitor karanka adam clayton. Not the current adam clayton. I say this as a huge fan, but he just isnt good enough anymore 😞

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The aitor karanka adam clayton. Not the current adam clayton. I say this as a huge fan, but he just isnt good enough anymore 😞

Clayton was never the same once his missus had that baby. 
Kids ruin everything 🤨

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@diggerlad07 have you heard any snippets? Any outgoings?? Seems like we are in talks with this Dan Blazer. 

Not a lot i'm afraid other than really pushing for Ben Gibson. Fry refusing to move once again for 3rd consecutive window.

Last I heard Roberts was a no go because Man city want a permanent transfer but said he would let us know later in the month if nothing materialised on a permanent basis and was heading back out on loan.

Not surprised with Friend leaving since he was only offered 5k a week on a year's contract. 

Just been reading the forum over the past few days and I am surprised the amount of comments regarding lack of signings.

The market hasnt really got going yet and we are struggling to persuade players to join after the season we have just had.

We're not offering the money to attract players over other clubs as we have done in the past either which won't help.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)