oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

But we do struggle to attract players. One of the reasons we signed Hall was the Warnock link. If Warnock wasn’t here, I would be very surprised to see him still at Boro. Do you think he would have signed?

We have got a squad of players from other areas of the country, that true. But previously we have offered high wages or had pulling power of a manager. Thinking forward to this season, I am questioning if Boro and their lack of investing in the wage side of a player, will have a detrimental impact on us getting them. 

I am more than aware that it is early days in terms of the window and I am not panicking as to the fact we just have one body in. I’d rather we take time and got the right players. My worry is that we will identify the player, but then struggle to get them over the line, which undoubtedly has been our Achilles heel.  

Initially I was questioning the reasons why the recruitment will be difficult in this window and questioning if we should be looking to pay an inflated wage compared to other teams for players. The fact we won’t pay a high wage will in my opinion, limit the players who will opt to move to Boro. 

Moore went to Wales and I can understand him wanting to play for a Welsh team in Cardiff for the media attention and improve his prospects.

But other players who we’ve been linked with have moved elsewhere. It’s hard to find a reason as to why they have opted elsewhere, as I said it is a culmination of reasons, but it still doesn’t take away the lack of incomings.

We don't even know how serious our interest was though. Amos for example chose to go to QPR but we don't know that he turned us down and if he did why. Hall has chose to leave the bright lights of London and move his WAG up here to this shithole. 

I think we do need players but I don't think its the time to panic either.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think the biggest concern i have is after Pulis and now Warnock, are players worried about the brand of football we play.

If we were known to play wonderful creative attacking football I think we would appeal more. Players certainly viewed Pulis as a negative dinosaur and whilst I fully believe Warnock is more expansive, its the last few years which has tainted our footballing reputation and set us back considerably in bringing in players.

We need a massive change of emphasis on how we approach matches imo, with pace and creativity absolutely on the forefront. For this to happen we need 3 to 4 attacking signings and probably another 1 or 2 windows after that.

There was a glimmer of light with Moukoudi and Roberts coming in, unfortunately it was the wrong manager at the helm.

Ultimately, It really does boil down to the complete mismanagement of the club since our disastrous January transfer window in the Prem and whilst it has been done to death on here, the buck well and truly stops with Gibbo and his inept recruitment team.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

This Is Fine GIF

Middlesbrough Football Club. 

The boy stood on the burning deck

his pockets full of crackers

the poor young lad hadn't observed 

the flames next to his knees

nothing to this poetry lark....eat your heart out W H Auden

Meh always felt like the area argument's overplayed Northern Yorkshire's probably the nicest part of the north whether that's west or east, Durham's got some lovely spots and the Harrogate area is a footballers dream.

Rangers being in for Murphy and the competition for Williams looks a little bit too much competition for us but we'll get bodies in Warnock always finds a way to build a squad by the end of windows.

10 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We are where we are because of bad decision after bad decision. This is our level now unfortunately. 

Agree with you 100%. Years of mismanagement from Steve Gibson, Neil Bausor and the club as a whole have finally caught up to us. Neil Warnock is a short term fix although I think he could do well if he gets the players that he wants. But what’s going to happen when Warnock retires again for the 10th time at the end of the season. We’ll still be in this mess.  Really wish Steve Gibson would appoint a DoF. Appreciate we wouldn’t be where we are without him but the club needs to go into a new direction. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Agree with you 100%. Years of mismanagement from Steve Gibson, Neil Bausor and the club as a whole have finally caught up to us. Neil Warnock is a short term fix although I think he could do well if he gets the players that he wants. But what’s going to happen when Warnock retires again for the 10th time at the end of the season. We’ll still be in this mess.  Really wish Steve Gibson would appoint a DoF. Appreciate we wouldn’t be where we are without him but the club needs to go into a new direction. 

I think a DOF would be useless in our position, unless Steve Gibson gave him the control to do the job properly, but you just know that would never happen. So thats why I think it would be a waste of time and money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 2016 and 2017 summer window were just huge f ups that the club is no where near recovering them.

Over 2 summer windows we destroyed the Karanka promotion team. Whoever decided to bring in the likes of Bernardo, Valdes, Barragan, Fischer etc. Should hang their heads in shame.

• Like 2

OK, slag off the area, slag of the scouting system, slag off Gibbo, but are we really that far behind other clubs in The Championship as far as buying players so far? Are there many on this list you would rather we have?

Barnsley In: None 

Birmingham In: George Friend (Middlesbrough) 

Blackburn In: None

Bournemouth In: None

Brentford In: None 

Bristol City In: None

Cardiff In: Kieffer Moore (Wigan) 

Coventry In: Gustavo Hamer (PEC Zwolle), Julien Da Costa (Chamois Niort), Callum O'Hare (Aston Villa), Marcel Hilßner (SC Paderborn), Ryan Giles (Wolves, loan)

Derby In: Mike te Wierik (FC Groningen), Henrich Ravas

Huddersfield In: None 

Luton In: Jordan Clark

Middlesbrough In: Grant Hall (QPR)

Millwall In: Troy Parrott (Tottenham, loan), Ryan Woods (Stoke, loan)

Norwich In: Przemyslaw Placheta (Slask Wroclaw), Bali Mumba (Sunderland), Danel Sinani (F91 Dudelange), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96), Matthew Dennis (Arsenal), Jacob Lungi Sörensen (Esbjerg fB), Kieran Dowell (Everton)

Nottingham Forest In: Lyle Taylor (Charlton), Jack Colback (Newcastle) Tyler Blackett (Reading)

Preston In: None

QPR In: George Thomas (Leicester) , Luke Amos (Spurs)

Reading In: Josh Laurent (Shrewsbury)

Rotherham In: Mickel Miller (Hamilton), Kieran Sadlier (Doncaster), Angus MacDonald (Hull)

Sheffield Wednesday In: Chey Dunkley (Wigan), Fisayo Dele-Bashiru (Manchester City)

Stoke In: Morgan Fox (Sheffield Wednesday), James Chester (Aston Villa), Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday), Jon Obi Mikel 

Swansea In: Korey Smith (Bristol City), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle, loan) 

Watford In: Jeremy Ngakia (West Ham)

Wycombe In: None 

Edited by sambaDTR
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

If you think Redcar's bad now, I can remember when the big attraction was the topless chip shop.....not for the fainthearted

🤯what!

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)