oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I'm not that overwhelmed by those we've supposedly missed out on. I was running through a 1st 11 on current squad.

Stojanovic

Coulson

Hall

Fry

Dijksteel

Saville

Tavernier

Wing

Spence

Assombalonga

Fletcher

Not too bad. Needs adding to but we could start the season with that.

No Howson!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If a player was promised the same wages by us and for example Wycombe, Barnsley and Blackburn .. Do people really think, that we would not get the player because of location?  

I think 9 times out out 10 a player would sign for us above those clubs. 

The problem is QPR have signed a player who we were linked with and everyone has lost their mind. We don't even know we were interested in him. 

If we sort our *** out off the pitch we are still a pretty decent attraction in this division. Obviously we can't compete with the London clubs in the top flight but we're not in the top flight. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I think 9 times out out 10 a player would sign for us above those clubs. 

The problem is QPR have signed a player who we were linked with and everyone has lost their mind. We don't even know we were interested in him. 

If we sort our *** out off the pitch we are still a pretty decent attraction in this division. Obviously we can't compete with the London clubs in the top flight but we're not in the top flight. 

He's also a player that plays in a position we don't need, I wasn't particularly bothered by missing out, I think a lot of agents band our name about in the press to try and get their players better wages tbh... These things are leaked when one party has an ulterior motive. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

More facts in my posts than any of your ITK posts that's for sure 😝

haha more facts in my posts than there is cells in that aggressively confrontational opinion based brain of yours 😉

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Z3man said:

No Howson!

I just don't seem as being that effective. Saville was much the better of our army of CDMs post lockdown.

Would be my first sub. Other subs

Pears

McNair

Browne

Bola

Walker

One of the even younger lads

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

haha more facts in my posts than there is cells in that aggressively confrontational opinion based brain of yours 😉

😂😂😂

Has there been any transfer links today please?

I see QPR confirmed Amos and Huddersfield confirmed signing of Danny Ward. We were not linked with latter but he was mentioned on here.

8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i agree with your points that ambitions, traditions, the manager etc are all key points to signing. i also agree that out the clubs mentioned, a player is probs coming to us first, though maybe blackburn might pip us, also two of the club mentioned are northern and almost as deprived as boro. 
The point i was making is that if its a similar level club with similar ambitions, i think a southern/london based club has an advantage over us, particularly in this modern era of football, especially for younger players where its all about instagram likes at social media.  Also  i feel we have to offer more than others might to in order to convince players to move to boro.
numerous managers and pudits  have stated the fact that its more more difficult to convince players to move to the 3 big clubs in the less glamorous north east. 

Which London clubs are going to pip us to players?

Maybe Brentford if players think they have a better chance of promotion but until the last couple of seasons there's no way players would have picked them over us. The other one would be Watford who will pay Premier league money and have a good chance of going straight back up. 

Who else? QPR are a small mid table London club who aren't going to be challenging or paying big money. I can't think of another London club at our level who are more attractive to players. 

No way will Millwall attract players over us. 

14 minutes ago, tmcc said:

numerous managers and pudits  have stated the fact that its more more difficult to convince players to move to the 3 big clubs in the less glamorous north east. 

Yes in the Premier league, not at this level. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)