oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Andy Robertson is a good 3 inches taller than him and actually looks decent with the cross.

Just to add some stats, according to Whoscored. Robertson is accurate with about 19% of his crosses, Coulson 17%.

Coulson has 88 total crosses of which 15 are accurate. Robertson has 210 total crossea of which 41 are accurate. 

Coulson has played 20 (9) games compared to Robertson's 34 (2).

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Would anyone have him back? 

I'd have Ayala back on lower terms than he was on. Maybe tie a % of his wages in the number of appearances he makes (due to his injury record). 

There has been rumours for the last season or 2 that a player has been actively trying to sue the club. If I recall correctly I'm sure during the season just gone someone on here confirmed it was Ayala?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Andy Robertson is a good 3 inches taller than him.

I would still classify Robertson as pretty small... and I don’t think he’s a very good defender... but if you’re not willing to take him as an example, let’s go Roberto Carlos... smaller than Coulson, a poor defender, yet many (not me by the way) would have him in their All Star XI. Even looking at our own league... Joe Bryan is probably one of the best left backs in the league yet he is the same height as Coulson and not very good defensively. 

My point is, height and being brilliant defensively are not necessities to be a good full back. However, I would agree that in a Warnock system, they probably are necessities. And there lies the problem. Under a different manager I think both Spence and Coulson could be excellent full backs. But unfortunately they won’t suit what Warnock wants of a full back. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I would still classify Robertson as pretty small... and I don’t think he’s a very good defender... but if you’re not willing to take him as an example, let’s go Roberto Carlos... smaller than Coulson, a poor defender, yet many (not me by the way) would have him in their All Star XI. Even looking at our own league... Joe Bryan is probably one of the best left backs in the league yet he is the same height as Coulson and not very good defensively. 

My point is, height and being brilliant defensively are not necessities to be a good full back. However, I would agree that in a Warnock system, they probably are necessities. And there lies the problem. Under a different manager I think both Spence and Coulson could be excellent full backs. But unfortunately they won’t suit what Warnock wants of a full back. 

Joe Bennett is only 5 10 and was a key player in Warnock’s Cardiff side

All those players listed contributed to a decent number of goals, which offsets the weaker defensive side.

Coulson only managed 1 goal and 1 assist, and both were when playing as a winger.

the best right back we had in the last 50 years wasn't the tallest.fella...but he was quick, could tackle and had one of the hardest shots in football...played 400 games in 10 seasons...be surprised if anyone here now gets close to that

• Like 1
Just now, Old Codger said:

the best right back we had in the last 50 years wasn't the tallest.fella...but he was quick, could tackle and had one of the hardest shots in football...played 400 games in 10 seasons...be surprised if anyone here now gets close to that

Luke Young didn't play 400 games!

😉 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Andy Robertson is a good 3 inches taller than him and actually looks decent with the cross.

Wiki says Andy Robertson is 5'10" and Coulson is 5'11".  Transfermarkt says Hayden is shorter, but is that old data?

6 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Wiki says Andy Robertson is 5'10" and Coulson is 5'11".  Transfermarkt says Hayden is shorter, but is that old data?

Coulson is 5ft 7".

Wiki is wrong, as far as I know.

Unless he's had a growth spurt since I was last in the stadium, because he's usually the shortest player on the pitch.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)