oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

22 minutes ago, xathras said:

All the people moaning that boro haven't signed 10 players yet - need to take the rose tinted glasses of and remind themselves:

1. We just went through an almost relegation campaign

2. The world has been on lock down

3. Millions of people infected and hundreds of thousands of people dead

4. Companies, which include boro have been put to financial limits and test 

5. There is talk of people at the club losing jobs etc. 

6. Lets bring in quality and not quantity. Warnock said earlier on we can get fringe players anytime. Now is the time to focus on adding to the starting squad. That takes time and money. Of which many clubs dont have right now

i think most of us understand that this is a difficult time for all clubs, not just boro, and that the situation in the world is hampering transfers. 
I cant speak for other people, but the reason im "moaning" is from a place concern, there has been obvious gaps in the in squad for the past 2-3 seasons now and despite positive talk in every window (this window included) we've failed to plug them.
secondly, as you quite rightly pointed out, we were almost relegated, we have let 5 senior players leave the club and only brought in one replacement. even with the current state of affairs in the world, i cant see how firstly your not concerned by this as the squad is defiantly weaker than the one that finished last season and  the  new season  is starting in just over 3 weeks, but that you also think people who are concerned  by it are somehow blinded by rose tinted glasses. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I thought he said he was going to strengthen the spine? I dont see how wingers or another left back will be a priority for him after saying that.

hes signed a cb and cm now(PRESUMING WILLIAMS IS DONE), is that spinal enough 😄

13 minutes ago, CWC said:

Been told tonight Gibson is sorted. The only thing holding it back is Burnley bringing in another defender, they’ve had other offers but he has said he will only come back here. Not aware of what type of deal it is but one way or another he thinks he’s coming back. 

Seems there may have been something in the deleted training photos. 

Fingers crossed, come on burnley just cut your losses for fcuks sake. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Add to that Gibson being all but done. x2 cb's and a cm. is pretty much the legs and back of the side. just need a couple of arms and a head to score and create goals

Gibson isnt all but done though, Burnley are now trying to flog him to forest.

5 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i think most of us understand that this is a difficult time for all clubs, not just boro, and that the situation in the world is hampering transfers. 
I cant speak for other people, but the reason im "moaning" is from a place concern, there has been obvious gaps in the in squad for the past 2-3 seasons now and despite positive talk in every window (this window included) we've failed to plug them.
secondly, as you quite rightly pointed out, we were almost relegated, we have let 5 senior players leave the club and only brought in one replacement. even with the current state of affairs in a world, i cant see how firstly your not concerned by this as the squad is defiantly weaker that the one that finished last season and  the  new season  is starting in just over 3 weeks, but that you also think people who are concerned  by it are somehow blinded by rose tinted glasses. 

Maybe me saying rose tinted specs was a bit strong. But I hear you on the season starts in a few weeks. 

I suspect things will go to the wire but we will have a team that will deliver better than last season and hopefully better than pulis play off season. 

I think one of the big things was getting out some of the negativity from the squad such as Ayala and Gestede. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Gibson isnt all but done though, Burnley are now trying to flog him to forest.

Sad if true. But one can wish that Gibbo has a say in it and just says no!

keeper is vital like goes without saying doesnt it. was have 2 okay keeper though. maybe we need a couple to leave before we sign more perms. not a great situation if thats the case, after we lost loads without so far replacing them. on the bright side we wont have a bloated squad full of people barely doing anything picking up a nice wage. the lads we sign will have to earn it.

We need to be speaking to WBA to sound out some of their younger players coming to the ends of their contracts. Jonathan Leko was performing well for Charlton until his injury, Kyle Edwards is also a promising winger but they have ample competition, not to mention Oliver Burke also. I'd even take Grosiki on a short deal tbh. He isn't getting in the WBA team next season. 

Edit - Transfermrket could be wrong on contract length but thats what I'm going with*

• Like 2

I continue to be surprised that Gibson's return has taken so long.  As I saw it Burnley still owed us a fairly large chunk of pennies c £5M.  If we waive that then Gibson is neutral in cost terms and we have revenue budget for his wages.

I only  worry about what I can affect and I can have no affect on any decisions that the Boro make.

His return would solve a lot of problems

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, xathras said:

I suspect things will go to the wire but we will have a team that will deliver better than last season and hopefully better than pulis play off season. 

i agree with this, i dont doubt that under warnock the squad will be better, i dont see us scraping for relegation thats for sure. But part of the frustration is that we know with a few additions, we could be challenging at the other end of the table. we were, 17 points off the playoffs last season, thats 5 extra wins and 2 draws over a 46 game season.  With the right manager (Like warnock) and few decent signings in key positions, i dont feel thats out the realms of possibility, which makes it frustrating when nothing is happening. 

18 minutes ago, CWC said:

Been told tonight Gibson is sorted. The only thing holding it back is Burnley bringing in another defender, they’ve had other offers but he has said he will only come back here. Not aware of what type of deal it is but one way or another he thinks he’s coming back. 

Seems there may have been something in the deleted training photos. 

Don’t understand why Burnley bringing in another defender would hold it up, if it is really sorted. Yes, normally that would be an issue and sometimes leads to a transfer falling down because the selling club can’t get a replacement in, but Gibson and Burnley have fallen out so much it’s hard to see how he could ever play for them again. I suppose only possibility would be if Dyche  left, but barring that Ben is either going to play somewhere else or be sat twiddling his thumbs for the next two years. You would think, given that, either it gets completed quickly or Burnley are delaying and trying to get other clubs to bid - even if only to force Boro to up their terms.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)