oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

24 minutes ago, CWC said:

Been told tonight Gibson is sorted. The only thing holding it back is Burnley bringing in another defender, they’ve had other offers but he has said he will only come back here. Not aware of what type of deal it is but one way or another he thinks he’s coming back. 

Seems there may have been something in the deleted training photos. 

Why do they need a replacement? He doesn’t play. Are they trying to sign someone else to be paid not show up instead?

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I continue to be surprised that Gibson's return has taken so long.  As I saw it Burnley still owed us a fairly large chunk of pennies c £5M.  If we waive that then Gibson is neutral in cost terms and we have revenue budget for his wages.

I only  worry about what I can affect and I can have no affect on any decisions that the Boro make.

His return would solve a lot of problems

How on earth is it cost neutral to give up 5 million🤯 We are essentially spending 5 million on one player that could be spent elsewhere. I hope Warnock knows what he is doing here because that’s an awful lot of money in our predicament. 

16 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Why do they need a replacement? He doesn’t play. Are they trying to sign someone else to be paid not show up instead?

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

How on earth is it cost neutral to give up 5 million🤯 We are essentially spending 5 million on one player that could be spent elsewhere. I hope Warnock knows what he is doing here because that’s an awful lot of money in our predicament. 

Why do you think Warnock has anything to do with it. Be his uncle pulling the strings on this one.

20 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Don’t understand why Burnley bringing in another defender would hold it up, if it is really sorted. Yes, normally that would be an issue and sometimes leads to a transfer falling down because the selling club can’t get a replacement in, but Gibson and Burnley have fallen out so much it’s hard to see how he could ever play for them again. I suppose only possibility would be if Dyche  left, but barring that Ben is either going to play somewhere else or be sat twiddling his thumbs for the next two years. You would think, given that, either it gets completed quickly or Burnley are delaying and trying to get other clubs to bid - even if only to force Boro to up their terms.

Maybe they want to keep the price down on the replacement

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Did we find out if Fry has been at training over the past couple of days? Didn’t someone say he wasn’t in yesterdays pics.

Howson interview said they are coming in on a rota

• Like 1

Gibson and Williams are both done deals. Both permanent. Interest in Goode has cooled. Main loan target is Roberts. Have to wait a week or so to find out more about that Are interested in jack clarke at Spurs and Murphy but club not confident on Murphy due to other interest and his desire to listen to more offers before making a decision. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Gibson and Williams are both done deals. Both permanent. Interest in Goode has cooled. Main loan target is Roberts. Have to wait a week or so to find out more about that Are interested in jack clarke at Spurs and Murphy but club not confident on Murphy due to other interest and his desire to listen to more offers before making a decision. 

50811D34-8969-4A57-9DBA-A702104EAB75.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

This escalated quickly 

15 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Murphy just went to Forest, unless you think the Cardiff one is moving?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)