oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think, if anything, it's compounding that we already pretty much know we've missed out on other players. In some people's minds it's now starting to be "Well, are we going to sign anyone?" rather than "Ah well, onto the next one!".

The memories of Pulis are still pretty fresh, I remember well a lot of us saying "Don't worry, of course we'll sign at least one winger before the window closes". Then the permanent window closed with us signing nobody on deadline day after chasing a few. Then the loan deadline hit and we managed to sign another centre-mid, a left-back and a centre-back in the closing 2 days.

January was the same again, Van la Parra coming in early but barely playing for us but we still needed at least one more. Week before the deadline we signed yet another centre-mid and that was that for our business.

I think the last couple of years have made people less inclined to simply believe something will come off where we need it to. It's starting to become a more realistic worry, especially when this boss has given off similar "If you're not Boro, *** you!" vibes.

I understand the negativity towards the club, its based on 3 years of failure and I'm usually one of the most critical on here. But  I think we have fans who just want signings for the sake of it. 

People were jumping for joy last year when we were signing league 1 players that turned out to be no good. 

If we were missing out on a prolific striker or a quality flair player I'd understand the hysteria but not a few lower league players. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Maybe now that NW has seen our full squad in training, he might think that the likes of Wood and Stubbs are just as good as Goode in providing cover for Fry and Hall so may use the transfer kitty elsewhere?

• Like 4

I wouldn’t expect Goode to be first choice CB for Brentford but we’ll see.
I don’t really want us to rely on loans though, didn’t we have a few players up at Rockliffe several times last summer with all the ITKs saying they were coming only to end up with none at all! 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I understand the negativity towards the club, its based on 3 years of failure and I'm usually one of the most critical on here. But  I think we have fans who just want signings for the sake of it. 

People were jumping for joy last year when we were signing league 1 players that turned out to be no good. 

If we were missing out on a prolific striker or a quality flair player I'd understand the hysteria but not a few lower league players. 

True but we're also pretty short in terms of our squad at the moment. It's not like we just need players for the first team right now, in some positions we do just need players, like the wide positions where we're either gonna be putting players out of position or relying on kids, Browne aside. Hall and Fry are our only first team centre backs without relying on Wood (who should probably be going out on loan) and Stubbs.

There's still time to go but like I said, we all thought the same during the Pulis days, he'll sign someone so we'll be okay. Then he packed our team full of centre mids as they were the only ones who wanted to be here.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Well thats a more positive post. You could have said Williams fee not agreed 😀

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

True but we're also pretty short in terms of our squad at the moment. It's not like we just need players for the first team right now, in some positions we do just need players, like the wide positions where we're either gonna be putting players out of position or relying on kids, Browne aside. Hall and Fry are our only first team centre backs without relying on Wood (who should probably be going out on loan) and Stubbs.

There's still time to go but like I said, we all thought the same during the Pulis days, he'll sign someone so we'll be okay. Then he packed our team full of centre mids as they were the only ones who wanted to be here.

Don't forget - warnock said we are okay in the wide positions and has talked constantly about the spine. Everything points towards us wanting to get one wide man in to replace roberts, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Johnson and spence will be our first choice wingers next season imo. 

14 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Correction, we have fans wanting signings because we need them!

We need good players not just signings for the sake of it. 

We could bring Ravel Morrisson back and Nmecha on loan if we are desperate. 

The club will probably mess things up like they usually do but I'm not gonna slag them off for not signing players who are complete gambles. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think there are better options out there for the defensive midfield role. But in my opinion I think Williams is coming in as a direct replacement for one of Saville or McNair.

McNair seems to have more interest in him, so can see it being him that goes.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)