oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Tav - Williams - Howson

that’s the midfield 3 sorted if we can get it over the line 🤞🏼 

With Saville, McNair and Wing in reserve. Malley and Liddle to provide emergency cover too potentially.

*before outgoings. But I can see McNair leaving.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

Now Brentford have bought Goode he will turn out to be class. I can't believe we didn't agree £1 million pound when are desperate for a CB. Yet may be forking out X amount of millions to give Gibson a 2nd chance in football!

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Now Brentford have bought Goode he will turn out to be class. I can't believe we didn't agree £1 million pound when are desperate for a CB. Yet may be forking out X amount of millions to give Gibson a 2nd chance in football!

its in excess of a million with add ons, a fee that could rise to 15 George Friend's

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

its in excess of a million with add ons, a fee that could rise to 15 George Friend's

This club should not be being outbid by Brentford FC how far we have fallen my days

• Confused 3

In the grand scheme of things, it’s a gamble on Goode with that figure. If it comes off, he’s another bargain buy. But if it doesn’t pan out, he becomes another Dijksteele, where you question the fee paid for a low league player. 

I’d personally have given them their price due to needing a CB to come in, but if Gibson is coming back then it doesn’t make sense to spend money on a league 2 player who will play second fiddle. Especially when we need to get bodies in elsewhere. 

I’ll be happy we didn’t up our offer for Goode if we get Gibson back AND reinvest that money in areas we actually need addressing. 

I was gutted we didn’t get him, but after thinking it through, it’s not as bad as it seems in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Tav - Williams - Howson

that’s the midfield 3 sorted if we can get it over the line 🤞🏼 

When has Warnock shown any interested in using Tav in midfield? And when has he played well there?

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

might happen...might not...I remember people saying that we should have tried harder to sign McEachran when he signed for Brentford..but he never really moved on and hasn't made much of an impression at Birmingham....in a years time, Goode might be getting loaned out to a League One club....or somewhere even more obscure like Lindelof and Maguire....more important things to fret about than that...and if not signing him saves the job of someone else on a lot less pay ...I am glad 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

When has Warnock shown any interested in using Tav in midfield? And when has he played well there?

He'd played Tav centrally against Sheffield Wednesday didn't he?

In that game Tavernier looked our best player by a country mile.

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

This club should not be being outbid by Brentford FC how far we have fallen my days

So we should just pay whatever the selling club wants?

Also I really dont get the attitude that we are somehow superior to Brentford, they finished 3rd in the league last year and will be selling Watkins and maybe Benrahma for millions. They are one of the favourites to go up too

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If Ben Gibson wasn't one of our own would people still be happy us chasing a footballer for several transfer windows even though he hasn't played football in nearly two years. 

Yes! Okay he hasn’t played much football over the last 2 season. But there’s not a hope in hells chance that any other player of his stature (touted to be an English international just 2 years ago and played for England at all youth levels), who would be welcomed by pretty much every club in the Championship, and is only 27 years old, would ever actively pursue a move to us had it not been for the fact that he is from Middlesbrough and supports the club. There’s absolutely zero chance that we would currently be able attract a player of his quality otherwise. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Aye that's right.

I really like Folarin in particular. Has mega pace and seems to have good positional awareness and intelligence.

Is there anywhere on the MFC website or elsewhere to see how many games he has played for the U23s with goals and assists?  I've been on but I can't see anything obvious.

Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

Is there anywhere on the MFC website or elsewhere to see how many games he has played for the U23s with goals and assists?  I've been on but I can't see anything obvious.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-middlesbrough-u21/startseite/verein/9256

Transfermarkt is the place to go for that stuff. Its youth football sections are pretty good

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

True but we're also pretty short in terms of our squad at the moment. It's not like we just need players for the first team right now, in some positions we do just need players, like the wide positions where we're either gonna be putting players out of position or relying on kids, Browne aside. Hall and Fry are our only first team centre backs without relying on Wood (who should probably be going out on loan) and Stubbs.

There's still time to go but like I said, we all thought the same during the Pulis days, he'll sign someone so we'll be okay. Then he packed our team full of centre mids as they were the only ones who wanted to be here.

I'd rather use "Kids" than put our cub in jeopardy again....I think some of them will surprise us 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)