oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

I'd rather use "Kids" than put our cub in jeopardy again....I think some of them will surprise us 

Like they surprised us last season? Nearly took us down. 😂

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, "KM" said:

Our best spell was when more kids were playing than usual, the likes of Spence, Coulson, Tavernier and Fletch, and I'd build the tea around them next season. 

• Like 3

if some of our now departed senior pros had put half as much effort in as the kids, we would not have been in that position...st least they never went through the motions or developed injuries nobody could cure

• Like 3

Phew. Happy we didn’t pay 1-1,5 million for a third tier 25 year old player who hasn’t impressed higher up the ladder. Massive gamble for us and one we shouldn’t take. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I think it's unfair to blame the kids - who by and large were some of our stand-out performers at times - when they were playing under a manager and coaching team that between them had 0 tactical idea.

The kids were thrown into a team in utter turmoil. Nobody on the pitch seemed to have a clue what the game plan was - especially going forwards - and players like Spence, Coulson and Tavernier still managed to play really really well at times. They were the only players acting on instinct, making forward runs and trying to get into dangerous areas (even if it didn't always come off).

Warnock, unlike Woodgate/Keane, will drill the team into a disciplined shape/style and it seems the game plan is to allow the wide men such as Spence and Coulson off the leash somewhat, considering he keeps talking about improving the "spine".

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I suggest you have a look at the minutes played statistics. Fry, Tav, Coulson, Pears and Spence were the only "kids" to get over 1000 minutes last season. The other 13 players to have over 1000 minutes were all over the age of 23.

7 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I think it's unfair to blame the kids - who by and large were some of our stand-out performers at times - when they were playing under a manager and coaching team that between them had 0 tactical idea.

The kids were thrown into a team in utter turmoil. Nobody on the pitch seemed to have a clue what the game plan was - especially going forwards - and players like Spence, Coulson and Tavernier still managed to play really really well at times. They were the only players acting on instinct, making forward runs and trying to get into dangerous areas (even if it didn't always come off).

Warnock, unlike Woodgate/Keane, will drill the team into a disciplined shape/style and it seems the game plan is to allow the wide men such as Spence and Coulson off the leash somewhat, considering he keeps talking about improving the "spine".

I for one am looking forward to seeing Romarn Burrell...Winger?

Connor Ripley might be moving to Salford.

I bet he'll think about how he could have been our number 1 if he'd not left last January and Randolph had still got injured/been sold, and now he's heading to League Two.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Connor Ripley might be moving to Salford.

I bet he'll think about how he could have been our number 1 if he'd not left last January and Randolph had still got injured/been sold, and now he's heading to League Two.

then we would have went down

4 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I for one am looking forward to seeing Romarn Burrell...Winger?

Striker isn’t he? He’s scored 10 goals in 18 games for the u23 according to transfermarkt

• Like 1

I can't attribute a source on it other than saying this isn't a source at Boro or on the players side, so grain of salt, but I've heard we're in the mix for Ben Heneghan.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

I can't attribute a source on it other than saying this isn't a source at Boro or on the players side, so grain of salt, but I've heard we're in the mix for Ben Heneghan.

we must have watched a fair bit of Blackpool lately

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Free transfer.

Was he rated at Blackpool?

18 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I'd rather use "Kids" than put our cub in jeopardy again....I think some of them will surprise us 

There's a fine balance though, right? Some of them will surprise us, great. I want them to. I remember going to watch a couple of pre-season games last year and thinking "Look at Coulson, what a class player", it was clear to me then that if he got his chance, he was gonna blow some fans away and I think he did that. I saw a few more who clearly weren't ready though and when we have to turn to them, we might struggle to achieve our goals this season.

If we had a long-term plan that incorporated them into it, I wouldn't mind so much. But we have a manager who's here for a year to try and grab us promotion out of nowt. We need to find the balance of giving him the tools and not destroying our long-term future beyond him.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Out of contract, has been north of the Watford gap, last seen in League 1.  Sounds like our sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)