oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Oh dear. This is getting a bit worrying now. It’s easy to blame Bauser but Warnock has spoken highly of him. Is it the old agent fees issue again? Just our terrible form the last couple of years? Surely we have a better pedigree than the likes of QPR and Bristol City? Last year has had such a massive impact on us hasn’t it? Feels like another transition season ☹️

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Are people going to stop defending the club now and start asking the questions that we deservedly need answers to? This is getting humiliating. Warnock is identifying the targets and the club is messing every single deal up. If this was in any other organisation there would be dismissals being handed out left, right and centre. This is gross mismanagement. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

That's what Burnley says too

And that could be the problem, this fixation of getting Ben Gibson back to MFC. The associated costs to this as I have always stated could be the detrement of being able to secure those who really could be useful for us.

I hope I am wrong but we all know how things have panned out for the last few seasons recruitment wise.

Maybe we should expect some further departures

Any club will have to offer Wigan Athletic at least £750,000 for Jamal Lowe. 

That's Jamal Lowe's price in Wigan's local today I know half the Championship will want him but Warnock can't resist him at that price wouldn't surprise me if we jump in the mix for him now. I just hope the next Wigan player on the list isn't Josh Windass he's their highest earner and Sheff Wed had a bid rejected yesterday for him.

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

These players are signing long term contracts - 3 or 4 years. Are we unwilling to offer that after having our fingers burnt with the likes of Gestede? It’s terrible. Warnock is going to be going crazy. 

Perhaps that is why because they want security for longer than maybe we are offering and Gestede is a perfect example of getting your fingers burnt.

I do not believe we can not attract players but it seems our priorities might be wrong

I wonder if maybe, we could judge the transfer window at the end of the window, rather than deciding right now that we are going to be relegated because we have only signed one player, when there are weeks and weeks left and really nobody on here knows for certain who Warnock wants to sign.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

We will probably re-sign Clayton and announce it with a huge fanfare. Brace yourselves.... 

Not Clayton so much but Ayala returning would be no suprise either!

2 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

I wonder if maybe, we could judge the transfer window at the end of the window, rather than deciding right now that we are going to be relegated because we have only signed one player, when there are weeks and weeks left and really nobody on here knows for certain who Warnock wants to sign.

Exactly this ... 

We have no REAL info this window .. So nobody knows if we were in for all or some of the alledged missed deals .. 

Let's be judgemental when the window is closed again .. 

Sounds Good Beverly Hills 90210 GIF by CBS All Access

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Exactly this ... 

We have no REAL info this window .. So nobody knows if we were in for all or some of the alledged missed deals .. 

Let's be judgemental when the window is closed again .. 

Sounds Good Beverly Hills 90210 GIF by CBS All Access

We were in for Moore, Goode & Williams, that's just well known.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)