oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

The market is slow and we're useless at getting players in. What a terrible combination. 

I always try and find positives with how we're doing but behind the scenes the club is a mess. 

Should get an update tomorrow, might get it later today. 

I know that Warnock has been pushing Bausor and I imagine he'll be p*ssed off that we're missing out on players, no idea if we were close on Williams but we were for Goode. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What did they do wrong? Why did Williams choose Bristol and not us? You seem to know.

Bristol has a much nicer climate than Middlesbrough. Didn't you know that Mr Lurpak? 😀

It's a truism to say the players prefer to choose other clubs.

No ***.

That's the problem. Being aware of it doesn't change the fact that we're still not signing players that we need.

Edited by TeaCider24
29 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What are the club doing wrong in these negotiations? Please enlighten us? You seem to know how we "mess every single deal up". Every window you complain that we miss out on targets as if the players don't have a say in where they want to live and the club should always cave in and pay whatever is demanded. Is it really so hard to grasp that a footballer might be more attracted to playing for Bristol than Boro? 

The highlighted paragraph is exactly why we are in this mess after taking your road three years ago. Cave into all demands and overbid any competitor

You can't say that mate, that's a far too reasonable point.

17 minutes ago, TheJew said:

It does appear that once again our recruitment team are inept. 

Warnock wanting players in... he gets one in Grant Hall. 

He can want players all he likes, it doesn't take away we have just been in a relegation battle and we are finally trying to stop spending beyond our means.

Our fans can't have it both ways, we can't pay whatever and not risk financial penalties or putting the entire club at risk. This is a long road now, blaming Bausor as if he is not restrained is getting us nowhere

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

but behind the scenes the club is a mess

Could you elaborate further on what we are in a mess with, as it’s a very broad term. Not knocking you for passing info on in the slightest, but I’d like a bit more context to what is making us a mess. 

My guess would be incompetent staff who can’t do their job? The current recruitment would indicate that, but I’m wondering if there is a lot else?

Additionally, I don’t get how we’re in a position to not offer more money than Bristol? We seemingly have money to spend and need to reinvest in players and also have some wages freed up? 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Sorry but I still can't get remotely bothered about missing out on a few one million pound players who I've barely heard of. 

Maybe I'm past caring 😂

And of course a million quid is still quite a lot of money, even in these inflated times.  

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I always try and find positives with how we're doing but behind the scenes the club is a mess. 

And here I thought Pulis had really sorted us out behind the scenes. Our worst bit of transfer since Gestede was paying Pulis 3 million to "sort us out" behind the scenes.

• Like 3

We have no money which is only going to get worse over the next year and have to stick to a budget. If the players don't want to fit into the new wage structure *** em. For example Moore had Gestede 2.0 wrote all over him, supposedly demanding 40k a week for a garbage Champ level striker..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I guess we just have to accept the reality we're a lower tier championship team now. We can't compete against teams who have money and ambition like Bristol City and Brentford.

I'm not accepting it. If anything is gross mismanagement it's this. From the position we were in in 2016, we shouldn't be scraping the barrel when it comes to signing players. We shouldn't be a lower tier championship club. It's been an absolute shambles, failure after failure for four years. Just constant poor decisions, poor managers, poor recruitment and scouting and there's no suggestion this is going to improve any time soon. I won't accept that we can't compete financially either, because we had the PL money. I also don't agree that Monk wasted it, there was enough in that squad to get us promoted, Pulis was a horrific decision.

As for signings, not that worried. We'll get a few in. They're not going to be exciting signings though, that time has gone.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

We have no money which is only going to get worse over the next year and have to stick to a budget. If the players don't want to fit into the new wage structure *** em. For example Moore had Gestede 2.0 wrote all over him, supposedly demanding 40k a week for a garbage Champ level striker..

So why are we going after these players and wasting our time? If Moore wanted £20k a week we should have been moving on straight away. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)