oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I think Stewart would suit what we need more than Williams to be fair. And he's a Free Agent.

He'd be the type of midfielder we've needed since Clayton started to dwindle. A tactical reader of the game who can break up opposition shapes both in and out of possession. The sort of player I can imagine thriving under Warnock too, becoming the lynchpin of his system.

Was literally just about to post this. 🤠

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Is Kevin Stewart actually any good though? It’s all good saying he will do the job in the holding role and be the player Clayton was etc. but just because he plays in that position, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s good at it? 
Considering he’s a free agent, I’m surprised more teams aren’t after him?

Just thinking out loud, he could be a good player for all I know.

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Is Kevin Stewart actually any good though? It’s all good saying he will do the job in the holding role and be the player Clayton was etc. but just because he plays in that position, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s good at it? 

He had some incredible stats for tackles & interceptions last year. His big problem seems to be his legs are made of jelly.

6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Second highest number of tackles last season

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7840/Stages/17629/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020

Highest number of fouls.

• Like 1

I know you can’t judge a player off one game but I’ve got to be honest, when we played Hull away he put in one of the worst, if not the worst individual performances I’ve seen in a very long time. 

Every time he had it, he gave it away and to totally honest he made Clayton look quite quick. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I think Stewart would suit what we need more than Williams to be fair. And he's a Free Agent.

He'd be the type of midfielder we've needed since Clayton started to dwindle. A tactical reader of the game who can break up opposition shapes both in and out of possession. The sort of player I can imagine thriving under Warnock too, becoming the lynchpin of his system.

You might be right, however I would definitely rather us not have to be stumbling onto the better player. The likelihood is that players are further down our list because we don't think they're as good and given the contractual differences between bringing in Williams and Stewart, you'd think significantly thought less of in terms of bringing them in.

Would I expect Warnock to get the best out of Stewart? Pretty much, yeah. But it is worrying non-the-less that Warnock and we as a whole want players who are moving on elsewhere, even ones like Williams who we're hearing from multiple sources we were supposed to be signing. It's clear given the fees mentioned that it was someone we thought was worth the investment and yet the player seemingly didn't think we were worth the move. If we're after Stewart, what if he thinks the same and joins someone else? At what point are we scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of potential signings?

9 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

is anybody else after him ?

45 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Maybe he read this forum and saw the posts slagging him off

Although I know this post is sent in jest it is an apt time to simply ask that the "witch hunt" is finally over.

To be honest I really do not give a tinkers cuss (bet some of you have never heard that expression) about what content is posted on here as long as it adds to the ethos of the thread itself.

We all know that only two out of a possible 50 plus links will happen.

Treat everything with a pinch of salt and wait until MFC announce a signing with a cheesy grin from Mr Bausor!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He had some incredible stats for tackles & interceptions last year. His big problem seems to be his legs are made of jelly.

Good news for opponents I guess. He puts the tackles in, but doesn't hurt anyone. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

he played nearly 30 games last season

27 league games in a 46 game season means he missed 40% of their league games.

The season before, also 27 in 46.

The season before that, he only managed 17. 

He doesn't appear to be a player that you're going to get a full season out of, ever.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)