oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He incorporated multiple roles for backroom staff to save on future costs.

This is correct club shop + ticket office will join together as one that kind of stuff. They are restructuring throughout and redundancies are being made on a points scheme.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SmogInSheff said:

@Raf smog

I've seen the email staff were sent a few weeks back when they offered a bonus to take voluntary redundancy.

Do you know if many took that offer?

Yes a few took it as 4 weeks wages extra. The rest are being scores on a points system

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He incorporated multiple roles for backroom staff to save on future costs.

And I understand we are changing this as we have a lack of experts behind the scenes now? Just people doing multiple roles. Like the recruitment analysts. 

3 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

Another possibility is that person or persons unknown want to make a significant financial investment, and he / she / they are insisting on staff reductions before the deal is done.

Wouldn’t have to wait, could easily document cost savings to be implemented post investment. 

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

And I understand we are changing this as we have a lack of experts behind the scenes now? Just people doing multiple roles. Like the recruitment analysts. 

Unfortunately there isn't a change in that as its incorporated in 'the long term project' what Gibson and co kept emphasising when Woodgate was appointed.

Recruitment analysts are part of the analysts team now where they also study all other types of footballing data for example other teams in the division = Doing multiple jobs as previously we had a recruitment team just doing recruitment duties, analyst team which was just looking at opposition teams.

Our sports scientists are now also getting incorporated with the physio duties. 

It all makes sense for the structure to be ran that way, but previously it was a mess from Karanka days as he wanted 1 staff member doing 1 specific job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

This is correct club shop + ticket office will join together as one that kind of stuff. They are restructuring throughout and redundancies are being made on a points scheme.

Any idea if/when the concourse bars and food stands will be open this year? The match day staff haven't heard from the club since March!

7 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

Wouldn’t have to wait, could easily document cost savings to be implemented post investment. 

I think a potential buyer might well want to deflect any criticism over redundancies onto the previous regime.  I would have thought this was standard practice...

47 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Didn't sound like Gibson was bothered where he played, as long as he was playing, judging from his BBC Tees interview.

I think the club need to change targets.

I thought that too, listening to him.

Maybe we should just all admit now that at best we are going to get frees, loans and players that are not wanted by multiple clubs?

People are losing their jobs and there isn't a lot of money there, we would be mad to expect any decent signings or massive overhauls regardless of whether they are needed

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Who are you suggesting we sack?

I certainly hope that our directors don't continue taking home the same pay packet whilst getting rid of those lower down. I've no doubt redundancies were expected at some level, especially in pandemic times, but every job saved by people higher up taking a pay cut is a great move. The economy is struggling, jobs are being lost all over the place, it's really scary times. Some people can afford to lose some money, some really can't.

• Like 5
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Maybe we should just all admit now that at best we are going to get frees, loans and players that are not wanted by multiple clubs?

People are losing their jobs and there isn't a lot of money there, we would be mad to expect any decent signings or massive overhauls regardless of whether they are needed

yet we've had substansial bids for Moore, Williams and the Northampton CB

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)