oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I certainly hope that our directors don't continue taking home the same pay packet whilst getting rid of those lower down. I've no doubt redundancies were expected at some level, especially in pandemic times, but every job saved by people higher up taking a pay cut is a great move. The economy is struggling, jobs are being lost all over the place, it's really scary times. Some people can afford to lose some money, some really can't.

I do agree but do we have many directors on big money at the top? I never really saw us as a top heavy business, more one with a few making decisions on everything which is half our issue

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Maybe we should just all admit now that at best we are going to get frees, loans and players that are not wanted by multiple clubs?

People are losing their jobs and there isn't a lot of money there, we would be mad to expect any decent signings or massive overhauls regardless of whether they are needed

I wish that was true, unfortunately we do have some money to spend which makes the redundancies even harder to swallow. Not saying we have £10million to spend, but we have significant funds available in terms of wages and a good few transfer fees.

I just have an inkling that we are waiting for someone like McNair to leave before we act in the market.

Majority of fans are not bothered about backroom staff losing jobs etc as they want to see the club competitive and competing on the pitch. Sad state of affairs, but it's what most clubs are going to be looking at unfortunately. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

This is correct club shop + ticket office will join together as one that kind of stuff. They are restructuring throughout and redundancies are being made on a points scheme.

Haha, did they really need to pay Pulis 3 million to come to the conclusion, that a business can restructure and make it more lean. So a football manager come in and says we have to restructure how people are employed and work in departments that aren't remotely close to what relates to his job. I can just imagine the imposter walking around the club and Rockliffe pointing at employees and job functions that can be merged and then ripping the club off for 3 million while our brilliant owner laps it all up. God this club is amateurish starting from the very owner.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I wish that was true, unfortunately we do have some money to spend which makes the redundancies even harder to swallow. Not saying we have £10million to spend, but we have significant funds available in terms of wages and a good few transfer fees.

I just have an inkling that we are waiting for someone like McNair to leave before we act in the market.

Majority of fans are not bothered about backroom staff losing jobs etc as they want to see the club competitive and competing on the pitch. Sad state of affairs, but it's what most clubs are going to be looking at unfortunately. 

Very sad state of affairs all round

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I certainly hope that our directors don't continue taking home the same pay packet whilst getting rid of those lower down. I've no doubt redundancies were expected at some level, especially in pandemic times, but every job saved by people higher up taking a pay cut is a great move. The economy is struggling, jobs are being lost all over the place, it's really scary times. Some people can afford to lose some money, some really can't.

In the 2019 accounts there were only 2 directors and only 1 received any salary, Presumably Keith Lamb and not Steve Gibson. Sum total paid to directos was £5,000. Not a bad wage for sending a few faxes.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

You can't put it like that. A football clubs core business is played on the pitch and you need to keep that competitive. If we really can make the club more lean you don't just spend your investment funds on employees you don't need (roughly speaking). Even companies that take home a lot of money every year lays ground staff off. If the ticket office really only need 3 eployees you don't keep 5 aboard just because the players are making more money. There will always be layoffs amongst those furthest down the pecking order.

Honestly this club is run horrendously how do the media keep saying Steve Gibson is a saint and we are lucky to have him. How is it the low staff fault that them at the head of the club have ran us to the ground. Bauser and Gill should be being made redundant as it's their decisions along with Gibson's that has caused us to be in this position so they should be losing their job. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
10 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Maybe we should just all admit now that at best we are going to get frees, loans and players that are not wanted by multiple clubs?

People are losing their jobs and there isn't a lot of money there, we would be mad to expect any decent signings or massive overhauls regardless of whether they are needed

Unless there is a change of ownership, and a subsequent injection of new funds.  The more I think about it, the more I am persuaded that MFC is ripe for a takeover.  Big club, good facilities, several years of under- achievement, and a wide perception that it isn't very well run.  In this world, there are a hell of a lot of people with serious money.  Maybe someone feels they could do a better job of running this football club, and generate a very good return on their investment??

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

You can't put it like that. A football clubs core business is played on the pitch and you need to keep that competitive. If we really can make the club more lean you don't just spend your investment funds on employees you don't need (roughly speaking). Even companies that take home a lot of money every year lays ground staff off. If the ticket office really only need 3 eployees you don't keep 5 aboard just because the players are making more money. There will always be layoffs amongst those furthest down the pecking order.

I don't think anybody is saying that, but it hurts to see local people lose jobs especially when the club continues to be competitive elsewhere. In comparison the money is pittance compared to a transfer fee of say 2million for a player.

The structure of the job has obviously been a mess for a long time and it took a wise head in Pulis to come on board and tell Gibson where he was going wrong - something that Warnock has reiterated. The blame has to be on Gibsons shoulders once again.

Why do people keep saying other clubs are having a slow window when although it may be true they probably don't have 2 senior centre backs and probably have more than 0 wingers and weren't the lowest scorers in the division 

If we miss out on Gibson we should just not spend a penny this window and just play the kids, realise our new level is aiming for 21st and try for lower midtable with a few signings next summer

Anyone else slowly losing interest in whether we sign players or not now?

I get us being successful means more people are likely to keep their jobs but we were arguing yesterday that the club was cheap for not going higher with Goode whilst people are losing their jobs.

Hopefully we can find some players who want to come here and we can improve them to at least be a competitive team in the league and see where we go from there

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Anyone else slowly losing interest in whether we sign players or not now?

I get us being successful means more people are likely to keep their jobs but we were arguing yesterday that the club was cheap for not going higher with Goode whilst people are losing their jobs.

Hopefully we can find some players who want to come here and we can improve them to at least be a competitive team in the league and see where we go from there

The point is people should not be losing their jobs and Gibson should be buying players. We are meant to be starting a promotion push in 3 weeks time. Have about 15 senior players. 

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I don't think anybody is saying that, but it hurts to see local people lose jobs especially when the club continues to be competitive elsewhere. In comparison the money is pittance compared to a transfer fee of say 2million for a player.

The structure of the job has obviously been a mess for a long time and it took a wise head in Pulis to come on board and tell Gibson where he was going wrong - something that Warnock has reiterated. The blame has to be on Gibsons shoulders once again.

So you are saying the people should have been laid off years ago instead of keeping them on until now? I appreciate it's pittance compared to a big investment, but I'll maintain that it's wrong comparison to make. It's comparing apples and bananas. This isn't me saying I don't sympathise with those that a laid off, as it's never a fun situation for anyone and I doubt Gibson is enjoying it, but it sounds like it was inevitable and maybe should have been done a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)