oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Five players of ability who would not be on many Boro fans Christmas Cards list. All got the crime of treason against the Boro

Ayala (Spain)

Braithwaite (Denmark)

Gaston (Uruguay)

Valdes (Spain)

Ziege (Germany)

Not an English man among them. I want to point out that these were all quality players who withdrew their labour for various reasons. No wonder the club are wary of the foreign market.

We signed 3 of these from English clubs so I wouldn't really count that as using the foreign market.

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

We always used to be known for picking up young Irish lads (metaphorically)...what we need is a fella who can bend the ears of a few promising players and telling them how much better life would be for them in the Boro...any one know a suc...wise intelligent person who could do that?

2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

We always used to be known for picking up young Irish lads (metaphorically)...what we need is a fella who can bend the ears of a few promising players and telling them how much better life would be for them in the Boro...any one know a suc...wise intelligent person who could do that?

They would have to be world class to get a trial at the mighty Boro OC 😂

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's still about a fifth.  What proportion do you think it should be?

There’s not really a “right number” it just highlights our reluctance to go into the foreign market. Because of this we have spent a lot of money and now find ourselves in the position of cutting costs. 
Do you think that we’ve made the right decisions?

Having the fewest foreign players in the league says only one thing really...lack of ambition 

If you want to assemble the best squad you can afford why would you only shop in one place that happens to be the most expensive place?

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

There’s not really a “right number” it just highlights our reluctance to go into the foreign market. Because of this we have spent a lot of money and now find ourselves in the position of cutting costs. 
Do you think that we’ve made the right decisions?

If there isn't a right number then why are you mentioning the number at all?  Do I think we've made the right decisions in the transfer market?  Of course I don't, as I've said once or twice over the past few years.  I don't believe that the location of our purchases is the issue though, more the quality or lack of it.

25 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Five players of ability who would not be on many Boro fans Christmas Cards list. All got the crime of treason against the Boro

Ayala (Spain)

Braithwaite (Denmark)

Gaston (Uruguay)

Valdes (Spain)

Ziege (Germany)

Not an English man among them. I want to point out that these were all quality players who withdrew their labour for various reasons. No wonder the club are wary of the foreign market.

Well, yeah, if you make a list of 5 foreign players there will not be an Englishman amongst them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Carbon copy of ours in style, looks like it wasn't a bespoke Hummel design after all.

I mean, if you're saying "they have the same collar as us" then yes, I agree

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Brexit means brexit

Gibson sure took back control from that European Victor Orta and everything worked out fine *swigs pint of Carling and continues to read the Evening Gazette’s sports section* 💪🇬🇧

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, macapes said:

Well, yeah, if you make a list of 5 foreign players there will not be an Englishman amongst them.  

Well name the English snakes then

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)