oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Borodane said:

We really need more league 1 players. They really showed last season how easy it is to make the step up🙄

Not all BD we need to be paying one million plus for league 2 players. Did you not get the memo ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would appear from the outside that we seem to be working down some kind of list regarding midfield transfers, if that’s for 1 or 2 we don’t know. What is worry is that there just doesn’t seem to be any noises coming out regarding attacking players lately.. This has to either suggests he is happy with what we have (worrying) or we are waiting on the PL loan choices to decide first possibly?? Even then you would still think any others we are going to look at would start to be heard just like the midfield links. 

I think in last 48hrs I have read on here the following:-

a) We need to look overseas
b) We need to stop looking overseas

c) Stop signing unproven and untested players from lower leagues
d) Why can't we be like other clubs and find unknown gems in the lesser known leagues.

e) We need to stop paying over the odds for average dross.
f) Why are we not paying over £1m for a league 2 player if Brentford are.

It is what makes this forum special 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
Just now, TLF10 said:

I think in last 48hrs I have read on here th:-

d) Why can't we be like other clubs and find unknown gems in the lesser known leagues.

f) Why are we not paying over £1m for a league 2 plager if Brentford are.

You ever thought of having a job in Government?

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

You ever thought of having a job in Government?

Haha. I work as lawyer for local authorities across the UK if that counts? 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think in last 48hrs I have read on here the following:-

f) Why are we not paying over £1m for a league 2 player if Brentford are.

Nailed it in one @TLF10 😂😂😂

42 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Agree. There could be some credibility in this one. I assume we decided against Stewart as we are happy to pay a fee for someone in same position as opposed to snap him up on a free.

Maybe the whole package will be cheaper

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

If we had a mix of players from overseas and domestic to create a balanced squad, then surely that would be best? 
As a result of favouring the domestic market, surely that is showing that our lack of quality is being exhausted in the domestic market. 

It’s as you’ve mentioned, we’ve made wrong decisions in the transfer market, AND we keep going down that avenue of domestic purchases. 

The numbers are a fact of our dependence on the domestic leagues which have brought lack of quality. We should address that and look elsewhere. 

I don't think the location matters, that's my point.  It's the quality of the player not the nationality that matters.

42 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think the location matters, that's my point.  It's the quality of the player not the nationality that matters.

I’m not on about nationality of the player, I’m talking about how we are getting players from foreign leagues. 

We don’t tend to opt for abroad signings (from different leagues) and it is hampering us and giving us, in my opinion a disadvantage. 

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I’m not on about nationality of the player, I’m talking about how we are getting players from foreign leagues. 

We don’t tend to opt for abroad signings (from different leagues) and it is hampering us and giving us, in my opinion a disadvantage. 

I get what you're saying but we can't actually seem to spot a decent player at the moment regardless of which country they're in. If we're not looking in foreign leagues, yeah, we are kicking ourselves. But even if we did look there more often, I'm not convinced right now it would bear more fruit than the poor domestic signings we make.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)