oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

23 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

To be honest, if not paying millions of £ - that we don't have - to the agents of bang average Championship plodders is the way things are going to be, I don't mind it too much at all. 

Oh I fully agree, I just think it's the way football has gone and it results in us missing out time and time again

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Can we also point out that Klopp is a massive fan of Stewart? He didn't want to lose Stewart in the Robertson deal, but there was no other way to get it completed. 

Just googled to find the quote I wanted; this comes after an EFL Cup win against Spurs:

"He was very important. I have said a few times, he’s the best challenger in the squad. One-on-one he is really ugly to play against. He’s a good footballer, good player and he had a good game. Very good.”

In a *** poor Hull side, his stats for tackles, interceptions, and breaking up play are quite remarkable. Guessing the people who are against Stewart are also those who couldn't see the virtues of Adam Clayton in the Karanka system because he didn't score enough goals. 

If he's anything like Clayton in his prime I'll be happy. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Can we also point out that Klopp is a massive fan of Stewart? He didn't want to lose Stewart in the Robertson deal, but there was no other way to get it completed. 

Just googled to find the quote I wanted; this comes after an EFL Cup win against Spurs:

"He was very important. I have said a few times, he’s the best challenger in the squad. One-on-one he is really ugly to play against. He’s a good footballer, good player and he had a good game. Very good.”

In a *** poor Hull side, his stats for tackles, interceptions, and breaking up play are quite remarkable. Guessing the people who are against Stewart are also those who couldn't see the virtues of Adam Clayton in the Karanka system because he didn't score enough goals. 

That’s not going to make things better for people when he turns us down, Snowy!

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Haha im not wetting the bed i find the situation funny and tbh expected. We'll sign some players im sure.  Even may throw some one boro names to in there. What's everyone's position? I play left wing so thats that position sorted 😂

I’m a centre forward but I’m pretty settled on the south coast, so I’ll have to turn the club down. 

Edited by BillyWoofs_shinpad
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

And I was the one you accused of bed wetting a couple of weeks ago. 😂

I totally share your frustration though.

Seeing Sol Bamba and Stewart linked shows you how low this club has fallen and how badly this club is being managed. If it wasn’t for Warnock having so much respect for Gibson I don’t think he would have stayed on. If he was at any other club and having a transfer window like the one we are having he would have walked. It’s an absolute bloody farce. 

What is your issue with Stewart? He's a decent championship player

1 hour ago, Smokedsalmon said:

To be honest, if not paying millions of £ - that we don't have - to the agents of bang average Championship plodders is the way things are going to be, I don't mind it too much at all. 

Bang average championship plodders would significantly improve us at  the moment 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I honestly wouldn't dream of writing off any player before they come, take issue with fee, age or whatever but judge a guy off the one or two games or stats without much context. No thanks

40 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

What is your issue with Stewart? He's a decent championship player

He’s not happy unless we massively overspend and outbid others. That’s how we should do our business. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

He is still only 18 and unlikely to be a regular starter

Sam Stubbs might also be ahead of him due to his loans and first team experience..

Edited by BearSmog
  • Like 1

Grant hall speaking to sky sports said its tough getting players in and we’ve missed out on a few who have chosen to go elsewhere.

He is clearly Warnock’s captain.

Worrying interview - he was basically dampening expectations.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)