oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

At this current moment, I’m really struggling to care about next season. Not sure if anyone else is feeling that...

Nope, looking forward to it as always. Might see some young players come through. I think whatever players Warnock has at his disposal he will get the most out of. Bring it on!motivational you can do it GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Think you have an inflated idea of Woody's range .......maybe something with a little less expressiveness, like a teapot

With Basil Fawlty and the tree branch being Steve Gibson and his broken car being Middlesbrough FC 🌿🚗

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Grant hall speaking to sky sports said its tough getting players in and we’ve missed out on a few who have chosen to go elsewhere.

He is clearly Warnock’s captain.

Worrying interview - he was basically dampening expectations.

I don't have a problem with this, so far Warnock and Marvin have talked about us getting promoted! 

• Haha 1
Just now, Lord_Moose said:

I don't have a problem with this, so far Warnock and Marvin have talked about us getting promoted! 

Wrong mindset for me - basically sounded like we failed to bring our targets in so its going to be a hard season.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

At this current moment, I’m really struggling to care about next season. Not sure if anyone else is feeling that...

Yep totally, I just wish they would wait until at least some spectators were allowed back in, I understand why they finished last season, but why start the next one so quickly?
If we get another lockdown for a second wave they’ll have to stop and the same process starts all over again. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Nope, looking forward to it as always. Might see some young players come through. I think whatever players Warnock has at his disposal he will get the most out of. Bring it on!motivational you can do it GIF

I like that attitude. I still do care, of course. Checking the forum regularly for transfer news, examining the fixture list. I just don't feel as excited as usual. I think the fact I can't go to games next year is playing a significant part in that. Anyway, UTB and I hope you're right!

The supposed plan for Nathan Wood is to loan him to a Football League team (Id guess League 2) which I think's a brilliant idea for his development. Really not sure on what we do with Ste Walker I'm guessing we loan him out again and with Malley if we play 3 in the midfield he's probably the 1 youth lad to catch Warnock's eye as a backup. Liddle's about to turn 22 if Warnock doesn't fancy him I can see him being shopped around to help get his career going somewhere.

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s a bit disrespectful to the players who are already at the club. 

We only just avoided relegation with those players, they'll all be aware we need signings.

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yep totally, I just wish they would wait until at least some spectators were allowed back in, I understand why they finished last season, but why start the next one so quickly.
If we get another lockdown for a second wave they’ll have to stop and the same process starts all over again. 

Yeah, I agree. And even then, I think it's extremely unlikely fans will be back in stadiums for long, if at all. (Don't want to derail the transfer thread with this but there's hardly a lot of transfer stuff going on atm lol). 

2 hours ago, "KM" said:

And I was the one you accused of bed wetting a couple of weeks ago. 😂

I totally share your frustration though.

Seeing Sol Bamba and Stewart linked shows you how low this club has fallen and how badly this club is being managed. If it wasn’t for Warnock having so much respect for Gibson I don’t think he would have stayed on. If he was at any other club and having a transfer window like the one we are having he would have walked. It’s an absolute bloody farce. 

Sol Bamba doesn't seem to be a bad shout though

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)