oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

What standard is the Scottish championship? In my head it’s around league two/conference level but I know very little about Scottish football beyond the stereotypes.

Jamie Vardy played non-league football once upon a time. 

3 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Ah yes the famous quote that indicates you should always take a chance on an overpriced lower league footballer. We might hit the 1/10000 jackpot😆

2 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

I'm not writing him off, just wondering as it's a gap in my knowledge. On my current understanding of the league, £3 million (if that is the figure, if there's even any truth in us being in talks with him) does seem pretty steep and a significant risk. But yes, as you indicate, real gems can be found in lower leagues and if we do sign him I of course hope he'll be one🙂

Well if this and the Sanogo link is genuine we will have lots of options up top. If Warnock fancies Paddy as a CB then we may be covered there. We seem to be after a couple of Centre mids also, so that would be his spine sorted.

26 minutes ago, Borodane said:

3 million for a 25 year old who’s almost only played lower league football in bloody Scotland? He hasn’t even scored a goal in the micky mouse Top league in Scotland. Bloody hell that sounds incredibly overpriced. Granted I haven’t seen him play but realistically there is no way a Scottish second tier Player should ever cost that much. Lee Miller was from their top division for crying out loud and Boyd was a top goal scorer🤣

Scottish league has improved massively since them days. Plus he plays in the top league now, Dundee United were promoted last season. Aye it's a bit of a risk but I have no doubt he'd score goals. I agree that we definitely shouldn't be splashing out 3 million on him though. More like 1.5 - 2m.

Would you complain if we had signed Ronnie Schwartz when he had a similar record for Silkeborg in the 2nd division? 🤔

Also if Scotland is a mickey mouse league, that doesn't make the Superliga much better.

image.thumb.png.5c21102f35d25e83f99e7956931ee66c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Borodane said:

3 million for a 25 year old who’s almost only played lower league football in bloody Scotland? He hasn’t even scored a goal in the micky mouse Top league in Scotland. Bloody hell that sounds incredibly overpriced. Granted I haven’t seen him play but realistically there is no way a Scottish second tier Player should ever cost that much. Lee Miller was from their top division for crying out loud and Boyd was a top goal scorer🤣

It's a real shame he hasn't come out of the Danish leagues, right BD?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think a lot depends on the player...McCoist scored for fun at Rangers but looked woeful at Sunderland...Bernie adapted very quickly...the less said about Strachan's gang the better...the gap is widening between the two leagues and if I was a scottish player starting out, I would try to find a club in England if I really wanted to make the grade 

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Scottish league has improved massively since them days. Plus he plays in the top league now, Dundee United were promoted last season. Aye it's a bit of a risk but I have no doubt he'd score goals. I agree that we definitely shouldn't be splashing out 3 million on him though. More like 1.5 - 2m.

Would you complain if we had signed Ronnie Schwartz when he had a similar record for Silkeborg in the 2nd division? 🤔

Also if Scotland is a mickey mouse league, that doesn't make the Superliga much better.

Yep I'd have him more in the 1.5 mill - 2 mill range from what I know of him (which is admittedly very little). Do you happen to know much about the standard of the Scottish championship? Has that improved massively too?

4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Haha yeah I would. I would even be against signing him now despite being the top goal scorer last season in the top league. Generally the two leagues aren’t of high standard but the top teams have some very good players that are even too good for the championship never mind us. There are few players I would sign outside the top 3 teams. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Haha yeah I would. I would even be against signing him now despite being the top goal scorer last season in the top league. Generally the two leagues aren’t of high standard but the top teams have some very good players that are even too good for the championship never mind us. There are few players I would sign outside the top 3 teams. 

But Ronnie plays for the Champions? 😄

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)