oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's a real shame he hasn't come out of the Danish leagues, right BD?

I certainly would sign anyone from the second tier in Denmark or the bottom half of the top leagu, unless it’s clearly a very young talent like the 16 year old kid who was just snapped up by Ajax for 2,5 million pounds. If Shankland was 20 and improving then fair enough but this is a 25 year old who has spent almost all of his career in lower leagues of Scotland. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ah yes the famous quote that indicates you should always take a chance on an overpriced lower league footballer. We might hit the 1/10000 jackpot😆

I was merely stating that players can and have made the step up.  But for every Jamie Vardy or Bernie Slaven even, there will be ten Chris Freestones.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Yep I'd have him more in the 1.5 mill - 2 mill range from what I know of him (which is admittedly very little). Do you happen to know much about the standard of the Scottish championship? Has that improved massively too?

Admittedly there is a fair step down in quality. I'd put it at League 2/League 1 level (but we were willing to sign a CB from League 2 for 1m so). Scottish championship is weird in that there's always a mix of strong teams and absolute tinpot clubs (Alloa etc).

Shankland has been highly rated for quite a few years now, no doubt it's a step up for him but he's genuinely an incredible finisher. He's also a Scottish international now which puts his price up a little. Honestly thought I think this rumour is *** cause I can't see Dundee United selling him unless it's for a very nice offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Que? 

Since the restart he has played roughly 500 minutes and scored 4 goals 

It looks like he is on his way out. Hasn’t traveled with the team for their champions league game tomorrow. He was a panic signing. Isn’t good enough for Midtjylland. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I certainly would sign anyone from the second tier in Denmark or the bottom half of the top leagu, unless it’s clearly a very young talent like the 16 year old kid who was just snapped up by Ajax for 2,5 million pounds. If Shankland was 20 and improving then fair enough but this is a 25 year old who has spent almost all of his career in lower leagues of Scotland. 

Which is why you watch them and see if they can make the step up. His goals aren’t just typical poacher tap ins, 100 penalties and bundled headers. They are all ‘good’ well taken goals. At the very least he is clearly better than the Scottish championship.

Anyone know why the big two in Scotland not made a move for Shackland? They two usually try and take the top talent in Scotland. And both Celtic and Rangers have wanted 2 strikers each this summer...

25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Here are his 19/20 highlights too.

same again

"The defending is awful.

Some of the finishing is excellent."

some nice movement and very direct

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)