oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I just looked Shankland up in the Dictionary...

Shankland: 

- Colloquial term for the 18 yard box on a football pitch when Britt Assombalonga is taking a penalty...

- Alternative name for a prison.

• Haha 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

On 8/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I think Shankland is worth a punt me, that sort of goal record speaks for itself albeit at a lower level than the championship but can't see him costing that much upfront. Don't think he's that type of hold up target man we're after atm though that's more Cosgrove. Cosgrove just seems to me like a poor man's Jordan Hugill though

Would be happy with Shankland me like but is he the target man type we're clearly after? Unless we're signing Sanogo as well as Britt going? But then why was he captain vs Plymouth

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

I think a lot depends on the player...McCoist scored for fun at Rangers but looked woeful at Sunderland...Bernie adapted very quickly...the less said about Strachan's gang the better...the gap is widening between the two leagues and if I was a scottish player starting out, I would try to find a club in England if I really wanted to make the grade 

was just a young lad at blunderland about 21.  hardly the same striker that had his best times at rangers

4 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Why are people wasting their time on this.

£3m gives the game away its rubbish, anything over £1.5m is a lie

Well that's weird that we have already had confirmed bids of over 1.5m for two different players this summer, isn't it? 3m might be stretching it a little (although when you consider we were willing to spend 2 on Moore, 1.75 on Williams and 750k on Goode, we clearly have the money) it's not like our hard limit is 1.5m mate.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

was just a young lad at blunderland about 21.  hardly the same striker that had his best times at rangers

Definitely true...but surely significant that he never made another try/ was never the subject of interest outside Scotland...he was a good striker but even in his day, he could probably have doubled his money down here...even Alan Brazil was finding work

45 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

same again

"The defending is awful.

Some of the finishing is excellent."

some nice movement and very direct

Did you watch us try to defend during games last season?

Some of the defending in the Championship is as bad as on that highlight reel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did you watch us try to defend during games last season?

Some of the defending in the Championship is as bad as on that highlight reel.

I did and although we got a few hammerings, we somehow managed to keep twelve clean sheets ...and considering most of the season we were fielding a defence of rookies, crocks and midfielders, that is a figure that is pretty surprising

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

same again

"The defending is awful.

Some of the finishing is excellent."

some nice movement and very direct

Sign the feller whos putting all those lovely crosses into the box instead.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)