oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 hours ago, Whoppy said:

I can't see how there would be anything in this but Middlesbrough rumour on here linking us to Karlan Grant the Huddesfield striker along with Dillon Phillips the Charlton goalkeeper.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-middlesbrough/transfers/verein/641

we wanted Grant when he left charlton, but he opted for huddersfield

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Z3man said:

I wonder if he's got them tied to the beds and locked the door.

It just shows how far we have fallen when we are getting exited about signing players like Sanogo and Stewart. A few years ago we wouldn't even have bothered discussing them hardly as they would just have been back up squad players, now it's the best we can sign if we can manage to get them to sign that is. I am not very exited about either of them, but if we can sign Gibson or Roberts i would be a little bit excited.

No one was excited when we signed George Friend from relegated Donny or Grant Leadbitter on a free from boring Ipswich but they turned out pretty well. Players like Stewart can thrive in the right set up.

• Like 12
46 minutes ago, jmsguzzi said:

No one was excited when we signed George Friend from relegated Donny or Grant Leadbitter on a free from boring Ipswich but they turned out pretty well. Players like Stewart can thrive in the right set up.

Good point which raises a question can Boro be the right set up for possible incoming players?

Honest opinion please.

I believe so, forget about the outer edges of the club, but certainly coaching could very well produce a more consistent Boro this term

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Good point which raises a question can Boro be the right set up for possible incoming players?

Honest opinion please.

I believe so, forget about the outer edges of the club, but certainly coaching could very well produce a more consistent Boro this term

Yes I agree Alan, Warnock knows what he’s doing. I think it’s interesting that he changed the GK coach and now talk of a new GK coming in and Pears leaving has disappeared. Did he feel that the coaching is all that was wrong with the keepers?

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Honest opinion please.

I think the coaching staff is about as good as we could hope for with players that ultimately haven't produced that much during their careers so far. This season, anyway. God knows what happens when Warnock leaves. We've no idea what kind of manager Gibson will try and get, how soon he will be looking, whether they'll be rookies, experienced or in between.

Still, with someone like Sanogo, it's worth saying he's been around the block a bit now and has still never consistently produced anything. Warnock is a good manager but he's not a miracle worker. Here's hoping Sanogo actually has something to him that improves our squad and isn't just being signed on his youth team potential from a decade ago.

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes I agree Alan, Warnock knows what he’s doing. I think it’s interesting that he changed the GK coach and now talk of a new GK coming in and Pears leaving has disappeared. Did he feel that the coaching is all that was wrong with the keepers?

I did not know that are we talking about Leo?

Just now, Downsouth said:

I did not know that are we talking about Leo?

No he replaced Danny Coyne with Ian Bennett a couple of weeks back. There might be nothing in it but it’s just something I noticed 

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think the coaching staff is about as good as we could hope for with players that ultimately haven't produced that much during their careers so far. This season, anyway. God knows what happens when Warnock leaves. We've no idea what kind of manager Gibson will try and get, how soon he will be looking, whether they'll be rookies, experienced or in between.

Still, with someone like Sanogo, it's worth saying he's been around the block a bit now and has still never consistently produced anything. Warnock is a good manager but he's not a miracle worker. Here's hoping Sanogo actually has something to him that improves our squad and isn't just being signed on his youth team potential from a decade ago.

As they say let's judge this like game by game or season by season!

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Talking about Leo does anyone think that he just might join up with the Brummy boys?

Nah, Karanka has his backroom team sorted and I think his strongest connection is still with the fans here.

7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Talking about Leo does anyone think that he just might join up with the Brummy boys?

He's basically a Teessider at this point, I'd be very surprised if he left of his own volition any time soon.

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I'm sure Leo was one of those to have a big falling out with AK... it was around the time he got that bad injury.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Honest opinion please.

It could be now we have a manager in place who actually has a clue what he's doing (also hopefully some better coaches).

Under some of our previous ones I'd have said not a chance.

We may still be skint, but having some experience in the backroom makes me cautiously optimistic. But there is the nagging worry in the back of my mind about how long NW may decide to stay. I still feel we're only ever a season away from him deciding to retire.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)