oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

19 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

It's been a proper emotional roller-coaster this transfer window. 

Highs being good solid rumours, then for the let downs from Boros in competance in negotiations, or lack of will to get deals done. 

I hope the Journos haven't left because they thought their positions had become untenable, being asked to do something by the club to raise spirits of the fans when there is literally nothing to be cheery about right now. 

We as fans understand times are tough and different now, but to potentially have lost out on so many transfer targets just because we are unwilling to compromise just a little, is beyond belief.

Would those players have improved our Position? I don't think they would...BG would, at center back its getting that over the line that's holding things up...Anyway that's my thoughts 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I know some won’t agree but I’m so pleased we have Warnock in charge. He has enough experience and respect (and let’s face it, doesn’t need the work) to be frank with Gibson. He needs to hear some home truths from someone with a high standing in the game who can’t be fobbed off. I just hope he listens - we know why he prefers rookie managers. 
Although Pulis came in as some sort of saviour, he blew smoke up Gibsons *** and wasted what little money we had. Seems he demolished the back room set up and left us in a terrible state. Then to Woodgate who wouldn’t challenge what a shambles he’d inherited behind the scenes, a tiny unbalanced squad, terrible signings, decent loan players vetoed by Gibson - all without a peep of discontent.

If Warnock can make Gibson sit up and listen, he might be the best thing that has happened to this club in years. Otherwise he will be out before the end of the season and the merry go round will start again. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, boroat said:

This crucial window is turning into a shambles .. very disheartening 

No we are not there yet wait until the window is over before making sensible posts!🙃

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Would those players have improved our Position? I don't think they would...BG would, at center back its getting that over the line that's holding things up...Anyway that's my thoughts 

I believe some of them would definitely improve the match day squad at the moment we only have 2 senior CBs, we next to zero creativity in the midfield. Only 2 senior center forwards. We just don't really have the strength in depth at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I believe some of them would definitely improve the match day squad at the moment we only have 2 senior CBs, we next to zero creativity in the midfield. Only 2 senior center forwards. We just don't really have the strength in depth at the moment.

None of the players linked would have changed the issues with creativity to be fair, I think I am actually more disappointed with the areas we are looking to fill rather than the lack of the players linked coming in. We are desperate for creatives, rather than big lads and central midfielders

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

None of the players linked would have changed the issues with creativity to be fair, I think I am actually more disappointed with the areas we are looking to fill rather than the lack of the players linked coming in. We are desperate for creatives, rather than big lads and central midfielders

We need both though and not just for the first team, something is really a miss at the moment

21 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@diggerlad07 @Lurkerhave you heard the same as @Raf smogsmog @TheJew

Sanogo speaking to other clubs? 

Stuart not showing up? 

Warnock not happy? 

Anything in the Shankland rumours? 

Appreciate any info. 

Stewart deal was more or less off last week I heard when he went to speak to other clubs. We gave him a deadline of Wednesday I had heard so not sure where we are at with the deal.

TBH I haven't heard anything regarding the Sanogoals I mean Sanogo deal at all sorry.

Shankland - enquiry was made but backed out when we heard the fee as we are prioritising other deals.

Gibson deal is close, thanks for him turning down loads of other opportunities. Burnley finally getting sick of his behaviour and just want rid of him. One thing that annoys me about this situation, as fans crucified Braithwaite for wanting out and trying to engineer a move away but yet were happy to accept back Gibson because he is a local lad. 100% I want Gibson back as he will massively improve us but just find the club very hypocritical in the whole situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's keep perspective here....

Sanogo - We already struggle to get strikers to play to the best of their ability, I'm not sure how much faith I have in resurrecting ones's career especially with such a short pre-season.  Majority of people were only 'ok' with this signing as long as it was 3rd choice. I can't see him wanting to come here and be that role especially now other teams are coming in for him who are London based and/or offering him a key role. Feels like agent drum up business to me. 

Shankland - Has only ever been a rumour from 1 fan on the Dundee side. We can't hammer the club for something that may or may not be even true. 

Stewart - This one worries me more. It looks likes he might not have been our 1st choice so if we miss out on him how far down that list will we go remains to be seen. He is obviously wanting to way up all his options which tbf there is no harm in that. Now that it looks like Swansea aren't in for him you would think we have a clear run. I'd expect us to either hear something today that he is with us or another club is in for him. It just feels like his heart isn't in coming to Boro or it would have been complete already. 

Gibson - This was always going to take time while Burney explore the chance of getting as much money for him as possible through selling. This is just playing out and I'm sure the only route out for all parties will be for him to come here..... eventually  

Edited by FamilyBoro
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

We need both though and not just for the first team, something is really a miss at the moment

I dunno if we do, buying a league one/two or getting a young PL defender is no less of a risk than having Stubbs as a back up CB and hopefully with Gibson coming in thats 4 decent CB's plus Wood coming through and Howson/McNair at a push. I would like a more dynamic defensive midfielder but I dont think its essential.

The main thing really is wide players and a third striker who offers something different

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Stewart deal was more or less off last week I heard when he went to speak to other clubs. We gave him a deadline of Wednesday I had heard so not sure where we are at with the deal.

TBH I haven't heard anything regarding the Sanogoals I mean Sanogo deal at all sorry.

Shankland - enquiry was made but backed out when we heard the fee as we are prioritising other deals.

Gibson deal is close, thanks for him turning down loads of other opportunities. Burnley finally getting sick of his behaviour and just want rid of him. One thing that annoys me about this situation, as fans crucified Braithwaite for wanting out and trying to engineer a move away but yet were happy to accept back Gibson because he is a local lad. 100% I want Gibson back as he will massively improve us but just find the club very hypocritical in the whole situation.

I dont think all fans crucified Braithwaite to be fair, I actually felt for the lad as Pulis threw him under the bus at any opportunity and he was never played in his proper position. Clearly talented too but once again was a victim of a manager with different ideas trying to play him in positions to fill a gap and then being surprised when it didnt work and the player wasnt happy.

• Like 2

If we get Gibson and we are going with 3-5-2 this season, the first 11 isn’t far off. There are certainly areas that could do with strengthening and improving but I wouldn’t be too displeased if this was the side we put out against Watford:

———————Stojanovic———————

———Fry———Hall———Gibson———

Spence———————————Coulson

————Tav—Howson—Saville————

—————Britt———Fletcher—————

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)