oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

I'd like to see a table representing the net effect i.e. incomings minus outgoings. That would paint a truer picture.

All the data is on Transfermarkt, let me know when you’ve made the table 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I don’t think the club have hired Warnock with promotion in mind, not for one second.

I think the club have hired him to achieve mid table because it lessens the risk of us getting relegated whilst COVID is still affecting football’s finances. I think the plan is to ride out COVID, wait until normality has returned, then appoint a new man the following season.

It seems to me that this year it’s all about keeping the spending down and treading water. 

Don't buy that at all.  I don't see Warnock being enticed back to management with a nice 14th placed finish in mind.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Its the same story throughout the league.. teams have lost players and can’t afford to bring in

i dont think it is though, we've lost 5 first team players from last season, 9 if you include loan players, i have had a quick look and no other team iv seen has done the same, or if they have they wernt scrapping for relegation like we were. 

3 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

To be fair we dont know what really happened. He could have conceivably gone down to Cornwall to speak to Warnock. I remember the will he, wont he saga with Clayton and he did very well for us. It may be that the woman in payroll cant work out his wages unless he starts on the 1st of the month. Next Tuesday is when it will all happen.

Possibly took a holiday when the season finished and is on lockdown for two weeks as per rules...who knows?

An owner who has a historical dislike of football agencies and agents resulting in past legal battles (Jonathan Barnett legal slur case) and a manager whose known to prefer player recruitment through agencies with his own family having had past relationships between club employees and intermediaries when he was manager at that club.

What could go wrong with our recruitment and ‘This won’t end well with Warnock’, indeed.

2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

You’re missing the point though, there’s another list similar if not longer of players we’ve lost to other clubs. That’s the worry, looks like you can add sanogo and Stewart to that. If those 2 are where we are on the list then god knows who’s names gonna pop up next.

Says who? I haven't seen a single article that says we were after so & so the only names I've seen have been on here within minutes, We don't know if anyone else is coming in 

3 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Looks like those Mbe Soh rumours had some truth in them afterall, probably end up signing a new deal now though. This account is very reliable.

image.png.9dddddb2df0bb2bd1941a3f815ef7bf7.png

We were only in contact with him to see if he knew where Sanogo was 🙂

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Its the same story throughout the league.. teams have lost players and can’t afford to bring in

Its down to gate money...Every team is cutting costs 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)