oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've no doubt he's earning a bit of dosh here but why waste so much money on one year of Neil Warnock? It makes no sense if the whole reason he's here is to get us through cutting costs. Exactly the same way it didn't make sense when we paid Pulis a fortune to do it.

Just seen your other response, nvm hah.

Just trying to look at it from different angles 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Nice, save the money and move some of the u23 guys up 

The club did say last year that was going to be a central philosophy at the club. We seem active in recruiting for the younger teams. When you look at the First team pics A few have been added from the u23s. That said we cannot throw more of them in until we add a few with more experience, steel and aggression.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Have they signed two of our former players?  I know they got Friend but who else did they sign?

Think he's on about Clayton but they haven't actually signed him yet.

2 hours ago, tmcc said:

id counter this by saying how many other squads barely survived relegation last season with a thin squad, and have lost 5/6 senior players this summer while only bringing in one replacement?  i dont know the answer but i  assume not many, and for me, thats the real worry of this transfer window. 

Barnsley, Birmingham, Luton and Huddersfield all finished below us, three of them have signed 1 player and Birmingham have signed 4.  The transfer window still has a few weeks to go yet.

15 minutes ago, Foogle said:

And 2 of them are the dregs we let go of 🤠

We did try to keep at least 1 of them though, presumably using the same negotiation tactics we're using on new signings. So the fact still remains he rejected us for another club, whatever the reasons behind it.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, tmcc said:

seen alot of post of people saying "dont worry most clubs arnt signing people", here the problem with that.  we have the joint smallest squad in the championship, only level with wycombe, and heres why our situation is worse, of the  20 players in the squad, 9  are 22 years old or younger. in fact were the 3rd youngest squad in the championship.

So were not only the smallest squad in the league, but also one of the youngest, add to this the fact we barely survived relegation last season and were one of the lowest scoring teams. we've lost 9 players who were in an around the first team and brought in one. From my prospective the outlook is pretty worrying.

finally, all though i agree all clubs are in the same situation and struggling in the market currently,, the situation and set up differs from club to club, and i dont think theres a club in the league in worse situation than Middlesbrough right now, couple this with our poor track record of signings over the last few seasons and i see no cause for optimism. 

You never win anything with kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

its easy to be miffed off at hearing players are turning us down over wage negotiations after wanting to come here. but screw them, players have far to much power now. even average and shiite players are holding clubs to ransom. they are all greedy selfish tossers. if we bow down to them we'd end up in a bigger mess financially than we already are. i'm glad we fob them off for being to greedy. let some other mug club pay over the odds for average run of the mill dross.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)