oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Don't buy that at all.  I don't see Warnock being enticed back to management with a nice 14th placed finish in mind.

He wasn’t, he was enticed back into management to save us from the drop. 
He probably decided to stay on because he loved the way Britt smiled at him. It’s no coincidence that Britt’s been given the armband. 

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Currently if no one is sold and season started tomorrow I assume squad would look like this with following positions that need filling.

**Please note i am not saying first 11 will or should be starting 11 or that said player will play ahead of said other player or that certain players hav no future under Warnock etc etc. Its just how squad currently looks so to give us a rough idea of where we are.

Stojanovic
Dijksteel Hall Fry Coulson
Paddy Howson Sav
Tav Britt Fletch

Pears
Spence NEW, NEW, Bola
Wing NEW Browne
NEW, NEW, Johnson

Therefore we need a total of 5 players which fits in what Warnock has said all along. 5 or 6 new players.
That being 2 centre backs, 1 central midfielder, 1 wide man and 1 striker.

Based on who we been linked with, following are leading candidates for each position imo

CB 1: Gibson
CB2: Unknown
CM: Stewart
WIDE MAN: Roberts
STRIKER: Sanogo

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Says who? I haven't seen a single article that says we were after so & so the only names I've seen have been on here within minutes, We don't know if anyone else is coming in 

Come on there isn’t going to be ‘articles’ on every single player we try to sign you should know that by now. I trust the itk people enough on here to be pretty sure that’s what’s happened.

Whilst I agree we definitely need strengthening I think we’re quite fortunate in that we have a decent selection of versatile players. Howson and McNair can comfortably cover multiple positions, Coulson and Johnson can both play as a winger, in a wing back role, or fill in as a left back if required. Tavernier and Browne are able to operate from either a wide or centrally attacking role. I’m slightly disappointed we haven’t done more business as we’ve lost a few players but I’m far more confident in Warnock managing what we have now than I was Woodgate managing last seasons arguably stronger squad. 

Whilst I agree we definitely need strengthening I think we’re quite fortunate in that we have a decent selection of versatile players. Howson and McNair can comfortably cover multiple positions, Coulson and Johnson can both play as a winger, in a wing back role, or fill in as a left back if required. Tavernier and Browne are able to operate from either a wide or centrally attacking role. I’m slightly disappointed we haven’t done more business as we’ve lost a few players but I’m far more confident in Warnock managing what we have now than I was Woodgate managing last seasons arguably stronger squad. 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What about Young Goat of the Year?

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

and child support

It was a reference to Alan Hansen.  1995.  Maybe you're both too young. Modern references for the kids of today and all that.

• Haha 3
Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

It was a reference to Alan Hansen.  1995.  Maybe you're both too young. Modern references for the kids of today and all that.

who is Alen Hansen?  ......

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

I wish I had thought of that

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)